PDA

View Full Version : your internet is unstable....

rans6andrew
1st Feb 2014, 20:24
For a couple of weeks now, my Android mobile phone has been alerting me to "your internet connection is unstable" and showing our WiFi router name. I thought that this may be true as the speed of connection from all of our computers has been very up and down.

Today, the same error was flagged up while I was connected through the WiFi thoughtfully provided by the coffee shop in our local super market. This got me a wondering......... could it be a phone issue? Maybe a virus or malware in my phone?

Has anyone else seen this and got to the bottom of it?

Ta,

Rans6......

obgraham
2nd Feb 2014, 00:34
Malware. Till proven otherwise.

Bushfiva
2nd Feb 2014, 02:22
What happens if you go to WiFi, Advanced Settings, uncheck Auto Network Switch (or similar, depending on your version of Android)?

Edit: I'm guessing a Samsung Galaxy?

le Pingouin
2nd Feb 2014, 02:27
Which version of Android? Appears to be a common issue with 4.3 associated with a weak wifi signal.

FullOppositeRudder
2nd Feb 2014, 02:30
It seems that you are not alone.

This link (https://www.google.com.au/webhp?cr=countryAU&tbs=ctr:countryAU#q=your+internet+is+unstable+android&tbas=0) may throw some light on the problem - if not an actual solution.

crewmeal
2nd Feb 2014, 06:43
I also notice that many Android devices do not switch automatically from 3/4G back to a wifi address that has been stored. Instead it will more than likely stay with 3/4G until your allowance is used up as happened to this week with my mate's old Galaxy Note. The first thing I checked was the wifi and it was working perfectly through my Apple Extreme.

A restart of the phone usually works.

axefurabz
2nd Feb 2014, 12:16
Seems to be quite common since 4.3 was released. I've come across a couple of weird fixes but they don't appeal to me as I don't believe I should have to make major changes to my equipment following an upgrade. I've read that Samsung will incorporate a fix when 4.4 is released in March. Don't hold your breath though.

From personal experience, I can say that it has nothing to do with the strength of the signal.