PDA

View Full Version : Tales From the TSA

strake
31st Jan 2014, 19:23
Well, we discussed it at length at the time and here, it would seem, is the proof.We laugh at naked bodies and take apple butter from old ladies: An ex-TSA agent spills secrets from behind the security line | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549647/We-laugh-naked-bodies-apple-butter-old-ladies-An-ex-TSA-agent-spills-secrets-security-line.html)

I know it's the Wail, and I know he's selling a book but the TSA response dosen't seem that comforting:

'TSA has installed Automated Target Recognition software on every Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) unit in use, eliminating the analyzed images referenced in the article.

It concluded by reporting that the agency 'has instituted one-step removal procedures in many cases for employees behaving unethically or unlawfully'.
So that means employees have behaved unethically or unlawfully then...'in many cases'!

PAXboy
1st Feb 2014, 00:00
Behave unlawfully for as long as you can - when you get discovered, try and make money from your misdemeanor.

How free market (dot com) :rolleyes:

vctenderness
1st Feb 2014, 10:40
In my younger naive days I used to believe that officials in the USSR were the most bureaucratic obstructive people in the world. Then I discovered that those in the USA beat them hands down!

Having been treated like low life scum by everyone from Immigration, Customs, TSA and check in staff on my myriad trips to the Land of The Free I now think that the good folks of the Soviet era were extremely kind and helpful.

ExXB
1st Feb 2014, 14:51
Careful, they have guns ! Smile, and keep your mouth shut.

YorkshireTyke
2nd Feb 2014, 07:29
[QUOTE]I used to believe that officials in the USSR were the most bureaucratic obstructive people in the world. Then I discovered that those in the USA beat them hands down![QUOTE]

When I first travelled to Moscow - still in The Soviet Era - I was also travelling to New York at times, I decided that both the USSR and the USA were both Police States, just at opposite ends of the political spectrum.

I felt more at ease walking around Red Square then Times Square.

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Feb 2014, 12:39
So true.....

PAXboy
2nd Feb 2014, 13:31
I was born in the UK but grew up in South Africa, returning here when I was 18.

I could quickly see that the extreme Right and extreme Left meet 'somewhere around the back' and both use the exact same techniques to suppress things they don't like. The South African apartheid govt loathed Communism and made sure that they 'disapeared' got 'banned' got sent to remoe prisons. They also formented insurrection in other countries.

All the things the USA have done.