PDA

View Full Version : Mayday Mayday Terror on QF32 ???

BPA
30th Jan 2014, 08:52
Just saw the add for this "special event", "must see" coming soon to channel 9.

Anyone know anything further about it?

IAW
30th Jan 2014, 08:57
Google is your friend.

QF32 (http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8761507)

MichaelOLearyGenius
30th Jan 2014, 09:04
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mayday+mayday+the+story+of+qf32#seen)

Ollie Onion
30th Jan 2014, 09:10
I am sure that he is asking about the program, not the actual event. I seem to remember a producer from the program trawling around on PPrune about 12 months ago looking for a 'retired' A380 Captain to appear as an expert on this episode.

Found the thread here:

http://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/514985-air-crash-investigation-seeking-retired-a380-captain.html

BPA
30th Jan 2014, 09:19
Yes for the dummies, I'm asking about 'the must see' (as the add says) TV show channel 9 is about to screen. You can delete your useless google posts.

Angle of Attack
30th Jan 2014, 09:21
Do people even watch commercial stations these days? I guess a few do but with the net and SBS and ABC I cant fathom why anyone would subject themselves to forced advertisements. Just look up the official report and save yourself 60 mins of commercial laden junk......

IAW
30th Jan 2014, 09:44
BPA, I actually linked to a blurb about the program, not to a useless google search.

However, I did find the blurb by using a useless google search. Something you might consider doing in the future.

And if you still can't figure it out, the program will be the usual dramatised reenactment of the now infamous event, with interviews of the pilots, passengers, Indonesian dirt farmers who had engine bits rain down on them, aviation experts (not sure if Geoffory Thomas was available or if they had to settle for a different expert), some guy who walked past the perimeter fence during the landing who was seconds from death(TM), telling you everything you already know about the incident over an hour or two.

nitpicker330
30th Jan 2014, 09:56
They've also mentioned the guys were heroes, obviously didn't speak to any other QF Pilots then!! :D

Capt Kremin
30th Jan 2014, 10:07
There is a significant "back story" to this production. However, one of my NY resolutions was to reduce the gossip quotient so those with an insight into the personalities involved might want to provide more info.

Lets just say there the "script problems" from the beginning....

BPA
30th Jan 2014, 10:13
IAW,

Everything in the link was covered in the add and provided no further information about the program., so to me it was a useless google search.

I thought perhaps someone on here might have some further information ie QF and the crews involvement in the program.

KRUSTY 34
30th Jan 2014, 10:58
Off the Cuff.

QF Bean-counters dismantle the long running and World leading Engine shop. It's not needed. After-all who better to oversee the quality control of QF RR engines than the manufacturer.
RR abdicates quality control of sub components to the contractors who manufacture them. Lets face it, who better to oversee the quality of these components.
One such component (improperly manufactured) fails, and very nearly takes out the entire shooting match!

Betcha that wont be in he show!

dr dre
30th Jan 2014, 11:22
With 4 Corners and 60 Minutes already doing episodes on QF32, wouldn't this be more of a fictional dramatised telemovie?
I just hope the writers don't l take too much liberty with the script, it could turn out to be like the first 20 minutes of the Denzel Washington movie "Flight":ugh:

Pinky the pilot
30th Jan 2014, 11:27
"special event", "must see" coming soon to channel 9.

I'm so excited I'm beside myself with joy! (Said in my best Elliot Goblett voice)

Needless to say, I won't be watching it, for precisely the reasons outlined by IAW.

The Banjo
30th Jan 2014, 11:40
I have but one question:

Why is this incident being regurgitated endlessly in the media AND by one individual involved?????

Other airlines have had equally threatening events; eg Cathay fuel contamination incident ex Surabaya (beautifully handled) and Air Berlin A330 ex Phuket- engine disintergration/dual hydraulics failure with overweight landing via a non precision approach at night.

Neither has had the media coverage, nor has the crews involved sought kudos reserved for the likes of Guy Gibson, Douglas Bader or Neil Armstrong

You know what- both crews went home, had a cold beer and got on with life cuz' THAT IS WHAT WE ARE PAID THE BIG BUCKS TO DO.

I rest my case and put on my flack jacket.

waren9
30th Jan 2014, 11:55
sought.

other than that f. spot on.

Jetsbest
30th Jan 2014, 11:59
Correct, but to be fair, there is only one person in this event who has sought the kudos. No prizes for guessing who.:hmm:

hotnhigh
30th Jan 2014, 21:06
I can't wait to see it.
Casting Katut as capt dick, was a master stroke. Katut is running hot at the moment and I can think of no one better to be the lead in such a demanding role.
Also rumour is, mini me from Austin powers is playing SO MJ
John Farnham was pencilled in for the FO role but apparently had to hit the gym and loose 100kg to match the MH physique.
The queens corgis play bit roles as the lap dogs.
It will be compelling viewing.