PDA

View Full Version : Sochi landing surcharge.............

cambioso
29th Jan 2014, 08:13
You have to love it!!

Sent: 29 January 2014 08:38
To: Operations
Subject: RE: / 06FEB, 10FEB / URSS / RECEIPT CONFIRMATION

Dear All,

Last night we received a notice from URSS that the airport authorities have implemented a new “landing surcharge” for all business jets under 52 tons.
The surcharge is 1,500,000.00 RUB , approximately 32,000.00 EUR (yes, you see it right: thirty-two thousand EUR).

This notice was sent to the 3 contracted handling companies at URSS, and all 3 companies are right now fighting with the airport to reverse these fees, as it is purely unacceptable.

As of today, the above fee is valid, if anything changes we will immediately let you know.

We assume that the airport at the end will reduce this fee, but still be expecting a super high landing fee in Sochi.

I hope I come back with some good news soon.

Key Account Manager - Euro Jet

jetopa
29th Jan 2014, 09:40
the principle of supply and demand is working well in Mother Russia... :D

Empty Cruise
29th Jan 2014, 09:50
Well - it's not like anyone will be going there again after the Olympics are over, so they need to recover as much as they can now...

Anyway, fly a BBJ in there and you're game ;-)

Booglebox
29th Jan 2014, 10:38
Confirmed by Rusaero, but they say it hasn't been finally confirmed by the authorities yet. :uhoh:

cambioso
29th Jan 2014, 11:38
Apparently (according to the handlers) flights are being cancelled left, right, and centre as a result of this nonsense.
I suspect the salt mines could well have a few new inmates in the very near future!!

Opsbeatch
29th Jan 2014, 12:38
Any of you been asked for a huge deposit 'just in case' you decide to go there. Shout at the Russians, it's the only language they understand!

OB

Aliev
29th Jan 2014, 12:41
Deposit is only 10 000 eur.

Welcome to Russia, sirs.

Jet Jockey A4
29th Jan 2014, 13:16
Totally unacceptable and in fact insane fee!

Just found out our people just cancelled their flight to the Olympics...

Good luck Sochi!

cambioso
29th Jan 2014, 13:31
Ours have just cancelled too (surprise surprise!)

Burnie5204
29th Jan 2014, 13:52
'Kin hell!!

It'd almost be cheaper to lease in a >52 Ton!

dc9-32
29th Jan 2014, 15:07
Comrades, I can hire you my Antonov One Twenty Four and you can all come together-ski, dah ?

Cowboy-76
29th Jan 2014, 15:34
It gets better.

The Guaranteed Service Package which is mandatory for Sochi or the three other nearby parking airports.

Up to 50 Tons MTOW $62,000 per landing!!

50 to 100 Tons MTOW $68,000 per landing.

Oh and the business aviation / VIP Terminal wont be finished in time so you will also have to go through the main terminal / customs with the great unwashed.

dc9-32
29th Jan 2014, 16:01
Guaranteed Service Package is defined as being ripped off and messed about.

Cowboy-76
29th Jan 2014, 16:04
Yes thats the one!!

Also that charge is just the airport charges the handling fees are on top of that.

Also they are now saying they will not book the slot until the full amount of the money is in their bank!

Have they lost the plot?

dc9-32
29th Jan 2014, 16:19
Message from my agent:

According to the offer the surcharge includes airport fees, base ramp handling, handling of up to 5 pax through GAT, deicing for acft up to 50 tons (but there is +10 degrees at URSS now).

Additional handling like GPU or lavatory svcs will be applicable.

Cowboy-76
29th Jan 2014, 16:41
We had booked our slots ages ago and I thought we were all sorted.

I was told around an hour ago that all Slots booked prior to the 28th January have now been cancelled.

They will not book a new slot until they have received the money into their bank.

:ugh:

mattman
29th Jan 2014, 17:12
So they have just bypassed capitalism and proceeded direct to highway robbery!

CaptainProp
29th Jan 2014, 17:28
Ahh, welcome to Russia!!! :ok:

+10C? Doesn't matter!! If your handling agents "competent personnel" says you need to de-ice then you have to... Or how was it again? :}

CP

MCP_SPD
29th Jan 2014, 20:48
One in, one out, 40 minutess waiting for departure, sound a bit like Chambery...Another Winter Olypics special.

FLEXJET
30th Jan 2014, 06:05
The main owner of this airport is understood to be M. Oleg Deripaska (2G550s and a BBJ need to be properly maintained).

Ready2Fly
30th Jan 2014, 07:34
His wealth was estimated at US$ 16.8 billion in 2011 (down from US$ 28 billion back in 2008 - ouch!). My feeling is, he does not really need these addon fees... :E

dc9-32
30th Jan 2014, 08:57
The GAT is open fully and as far as I can see, there is nothing official to say you have to pay these fees in advance.

False info maybe ?

FLEXJET
30th Jan 2014, 09:01
Wealth is like climb gradient: there is the gross and there is the net.
And I am not so sure his net is so high.
SMOKE AND MIRRORS AT RUSAL AS OLEG DERIPASKA GIVES UP LONDON CLAIM | Dances With Bears (http://johnhelmer.net/?p=10124#more-10124)

Jet Jockey A4
30th Jan 2014, 09:10
"sound a bit like Chambery..."

At least French authorities did not charge 32,000 Euro (or equivalent in Francs back then) for a landing fee.

Also considering Chambery is in a bowl, certain delays were to be expected.

Opsbeatch
30th Jan 2014, 09:26
Argue with them, they'll back down eventually!

dc9-32
30th Jan 2014, 09:48
Old news indeed. The GAT is open for all traffic as confirmed last night.

MCP_SPD
30th Jan 2014, 18:28
I'm hoping that the 'old' GAT isn't the construction site that I imagine it to be...anybody been recently?

Richard101
5th Feb 2014, 13:17
The news gets even better out of Sochi.... After you spend $51,000+ on your "Guaranteed Service Package" you better depart on time because should you happen to miss your slot by more than 30minutes you get to fork over another $43,000+ in the form of a Penal Sanction. NOTAM below refers

A0323/14 NOTAMN
Q) URRV/QFAXX/IV/B/A/000/999/
A) URSS B) 1402051030 C) 1403202359
E) ON APPLYING THE PENAL SANCTIONS FOR THE AIRLINES VIOLATING
TECHNICAL CAPABILITY, CONFIRMED BY SOCHI AP, FOR ACFT ARR AND DEP
(HEREINAFTER-SLOT) FOR THE PERIOD OF XXII OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES
AND XI PARALYMPIC WINTER GAMES OF 2014 IN SOCHI.
DUE TO INCREASED INTST OF FLT FOR THE PERIOD OF OLYMPIC GAMES THE
PENAL SANCTIONS WILL BE IMPOSED FOR BUSINESS AVIATION ACFT AT
SOCHI AP AT THE RATE OF 1500000 ROUBLES (WO VALUE-ADDED TAX) WHEN
VIOLATING THE SLOT FOR MORE THAN 30 MIN.
PENAL SANCTIONS SHALL NOT BE IMPOSED:
1. WHEN VIOLATING THE SLOT DUE TO METEOROLOGICAL CONDITIONS AT THE
AD OF DEP AND AT SOCHI AD INFLUENCING FLT OPERATION.
2. WHEN VIOLATING THE SLOT DUE TO EMERG SITUATION OF A NATURAL AND
TECHNOLOGY-RELATED CHARACTER AT THE AD OF DEP AND AT SOCHI AD.
3. WHEN VIOLATING THE SLOT DUE TO TECHNICAL FAILURE OF ACFT AT THE
AD OF DEP AND AT SOCHI AD.
3.1 WHEREAS THE AIRLINE MUST:
-NOTIFY THE CENTER OF CONTROL OVER TECHNICAL FACILITIES OF SOCHI
AP (VIA ADDRESSES GIVEN BELOW) ABOUT THE INABILITY TO CARRY OUT
FLT DUE TO TECHNICAL REASONS AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR
APPROVAL OF NEW SLOT,
-PROVIDE THE CENTER OF CONTROL OVER TECHNICAL FACILITIES OF SOCHI
AP WITH A PACKAGE OF DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING THE TECHNICAL FAILURE OF
ACFT, THE REASONS AND TIME OF THE FAILURE AS WELL AS ADVISE THE
TIME TO CORRECT THE FAILURE,
-NOTIFY THE CONTROL CENTER OF FEDERAL AIR TRANSPORT AGENCY ON
AIR TRANSPORT PROVISION THRU THE CENTER OF CONTROL OVER THE
TECHNICAL FACILITIES FOR THE PERIOD OF OLYMPIC GAMES.
3.2 THE ADMINISTRATION OF SOCHI AP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE THE
EXPERT EVALUATION OF THE DECLARED TECHNICAL FAULT FROM THE BUILDER
OF ACFT.
SITA AEROPXH
E-MAIL PLANNING(UNDERSCORE)DISP(AT)AER.BASEL.AERO
E-MAIL CZUD(AT)AER.BASEL.AERO
TEL +7-862-240-2644
4. FOR THE FLW FLT:
-HEAD OF STATE FLT AND OFFICIAL DELEGATIONS'''' FLT,
-FLT OF ACFT CARRYING OUT AERIAL WORK INCLUDING THE ACFT OF THE
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION, THE MINISTRY OF
INTERIOR OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION, THE FEDERAL SECURITY SERVICE
OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION, ALLOCATED FOR THE SECURITY OF OBJECTS,
STATE GUARD AND SAR WORKS,
THE ACFT SPECIALLY ALLOCATED FOR AERIAL WORK ON PROVISION OF THE
OLYMPIC GAMES INCLUDING THE RESPONCE TO EMERG SITUATIONS OF A
NATURAL AND TECHNOLOGY-RELATED CHARACTER.

jetopa
5th Feb 2014, 15:48
The news gets even better out of Sochi....

I can confirm that. Earlier today, when it wasn't that busy yet, things worked fine, but as traffic picked up and the airfield got closed for the occasional government official arriving, you risk missing your slot. So, yes, that is a real threat. But I dunno how they are going to deal with it if the delay is not of your making...

VIP or presidential terminal wants cash (4,500 RUB / per pax) for your guests and they do accept €€ or $$ if they have to. Check with your handling agent if they can pay for you, because they are complicated to deal with, yet friendly.

ATC is actually working very smoothly. They probably have borrowed some personnel in Moscow or St. Pete... Let's wait and see if it stays like this.

The tower controller seemed to be local though and if he advises you of something and you don't understand what on earth he's trying to say, he's probably trying to point out the balloon to the right hand side of the final track of runway 02. :ok:

Also, the autotune feature of our avionics suite (EASy) didn't work on 02's LLZ, so we had to manually set everything.

Customs are taking their time and you won't have to accompany them - they'll pick up your documents and bring them back to the aircraft in time, insh'allah.

robbreid
6th Feb 2014, 20:06
Posted Feb 6 2014 (from AIN online).

In the past couple of weeks, some U.S. business jet operators had expressed concern about what they understood to be landing/handling fees of 1.5 million rubles ($43,000) for each business jet arriving at Sochi, but a spokesman for handling agent Universal Weather & Aviation told AIN today that the official Notam for Sochi operations suggests this figure is in fact a fine/penalty for any business aircraft that misses its slot reservation time by more than 30 minutes.

FL480
13th Feb 2014, 11:09
Any operator flew there ?
What about the charges paid finally ?

yuler
13th Feb 2014, 13:30
We dropped and picked up and as of now we did not get the extra charges. While our pax where waiting in the VIP building, they tried to make them go to terminal 3, but we asked our handler to make sure they stayed in the lounge. Our passengers where told that they had not paid the landing fees ( as we were not able to have acces to the lounge) and that payment was required. As well, they told them that we were not even scheduled to come in that day, and that we were not even on the ramp, but our passenger had a clear view of us and the plane! We showed proof of payment to the handler and he took care of everything. If you have all your papers in order, it makes thing a lot easier.

EatMyShorts!
13th Feb 2014, 15:30
We dropped off only and departed ASAP. Make sure you got 7(!!) copies of your GenDec: 3 for the inbound flight, 4 for the outbound flight. Immigration officers took almost 40 minutes to complete the immigration and emigration process (what for? we were in transit only!). Our handling agent was very helpful!

imriozer
18th Feb 2014, 12:37
any one know what to expect???
is it just the normal rates (3000-5000euros per landing) and on top of that the fines (43K USD) if you violate the slot times?

i am so confused :ugh::ugh:

thanks, imri

yuler
18th Feb 2014, 20:39
we did not get any surprises, although they did try, but we had all our payment papers..as for the fines, well....just tell your passengers to be there at the time you want them to be there otherwise fines may be charged. Over all, it was smooth.

Booglebox
18th Feb 2014, 21:48
If they try to enforce these fines, can't you just "go tech"? :E

dc9-32
19th Feb 2014, 07:51
Booglebox

You would have to make an entry in the tech log that would deem the aircraft unserviceable. The airport would check the records so as to prove the delay was valid. Would you make a false entry into a tech log ?

Dufo
19th Feb 2014, 13:50
What about 'ldg gear indicator bulbs inop' :E

Silly procedures require silly actions.