PDA

View Full Version : Executive Jet pilot giving the finger.

runway08
28th Jan 2014, 21:37
Apologies if it has already been discussed on here.

Pilot giving me the finger at St Maarten (Full HD1080p) - YouTube

Seems to try and attract the cameras attention then swear at the dude while pulling a miserable face . Would you call it just a bit of humour or majorly unprofessional?

No RYR for me
29th Jan 2014, 07:45
Well he got his priorities right.... Should be with his head with the departure IMHO :=

OutsideCAS
29th Jan 2014, 09:54
I think the guy is having a bad day, he's just a little upset that he has to drive a Hawker (which I think is fair enough) :E

OUAQUKGF Ops
29th Jan 2014, 10:10
So busy giving you the finger that he couldn't keep his aeroplane on the centre line.

SpringHeeledJack
29th Jan 2014, 10:24
Nicely filmed and edited btw. Driver having a bad day and resents being watched/recorded/transmitted whilst minding his own business at work and.....

runway08
29th Jan 2014, 11:21
Ah it wasnt me, I was just looking at videos of St Maarten on youtube and came across it. The hundreds of comments "hoping" the plane crashes because he gave the finger are quite ridiculous. On the other hand you see a lot of kids or people trying to get a wave from pilots.. the finger seems quite unnecessary and arrogant.

what next
29th Jan 2014, 11:36
Maybe it was something personal between the pilot and one of the onlookers?

cambioso
29th Jan 2014, 12:24
My mate said "well what do you expect from Hawker Trash?".
A trifle unfair, but he is a colonial (from the USA)!
Made me laugh though!!

Eric T Cartman
29th Jan 2014, 12:55
cambioso may recall the tale of the famous Captain at Glasgow many years ago as he taxied his Trident behind the Tower for departure. A hand appeared from the cockpit window waving a V gesture. The Ground controller jumped up & replied in kind, whereupon a voice on the R/t said "I say, there's someone in the Tower making rude gestures at my passengers !" :D

flyboyike
29th Jan 2014, 14:20
People have a lot of time on their hands nowadays.

con-pilot
29th Jan 2014, 16:20
Probably mad because he had to leave and those folks watching were staying. :p

Me, I just waved back at the crowd when I leave St. Maarten. Or did before I retired. I love the place.

galaxy flyer
29th Jan 2014, 16:57
A typical case of modernity! Both are unprofessional and rude, operating a plane and taking pics AND giving hand signals (except for formation ones). What's next, mooning?

GF

dcoded
29th Jan 2014, 17:07
Ha Ha!

Like others mentioned. He's "just" flying the Hawker

He was probably suffering from the small peXXs syndrome and he felt he did not have a "cool" enough jet to make him feel big and cool. So he just did what all other insecure people do, he gave the finger.:ugh:

:D

Flyingmac
30th Jan 2014, 11:58
Just an ex strip flyer checking the wind with a wet finger. Or he's had that finger bandaged and he's restoring the tan. Lots of innocent explanations.:rolleyes:

WTON
30th Jan 2014, 12:07
Does he still have a job? :=

Flying Mechanic
30th Jan 2014, 12:31
I bet he wished been waving....I would dusting off the CV/resume.

MCP_SPD
30th Jan 2014, 18:38
Single engine taxi, just letting you know he is starting no1?

flydive1
30th Jan 2014, 19:28
Still, not difficult to get the owner details from amstat and inform the owner is it ;)

Yes, but make sure you look up the correct registration, not the one you see in the video;)

runway08
30th Jan 2014, 23:27
Not sure really, I merely typed the URL in the box here and that's how it has been displayed. Seems to be mirrored in the wrong direction by youtube.

Yeah flydive the guy wrote in his description what reg it was he got the birdie from, In fact someone in the comments says he fly's the other aircraft in the video and wanted it to be clear it wasn't them doing it.

Offenbach
31st Jan 2014, 11:01
Is this thread really still dragging on ?
Anyone actually expect 'the fingerer' to lose his job over this?
Nothing to see here, move along please......

flydive1
31st Jan 2014, 11:19

Sorry, we forgot to ask you how many replies were allowed.

Nobody asked for the pilot to be fired and I'm pretty sure it will not happen

But probably the bank will not be too happy about it.

People were just commenting and expressing their opinion about what is shown in the video, more or less the purpose of a forum, I believe.;)

runway08
31st Jan 2014, 11:58

Hmm why so butthurt? Do you fly a hawker? I thought it was something worthy of discussion (I would say this doesn't happen all that often) or at least some friendly banter. If you dont like it why enter the thread, It isn't mandatory.

Regards :ok:

WTON
31st Jan 2014, 13:13
Hmm why so butthurt? Do you fly a hawker? I thought it was something worthy of discussion (I would say this doesn't happen all that often) or at least some friendly banter. If you dont like it why enter the thread, It isn't mandatory.

Hello, I currently fly the Hawker, our passengers or owners spend a lot of money, they have right of privacy and no to be noticed by an unprofessional
driver.

Pace
31st Jan 2014, 15:32
Frankly

maybe he hit it with a hammer and stuck it in the airflow to cool things down a bit?

More important was the distance he took to rotation? (most of the runway) Do not suppose he would have stopped if he had too and if he had lost an engine after takeoff not sure he would clear the terrain on one?

Pace

Evanelpus
31st Jan 2014, 15:48
There's more at stake than some pilot who let's himself down in this way.

This has just served to highlight an aircraft and operator being in a certain place at a certain time. Now, knowing how paranoid some companies are, this is probably the bigger issue........which could be what the pilot will be selling in coming weeks!

robbreid
31st Jan 2014, 21:09
Not a very professional pilot, never mind the fact his 'head' should be in the cockpit - not paying attention to airplane spotters - and that they are departing St. Maarten - which of any airports in the world is to airplane spotters as Monaco is to Formula One.

Anyone wishing to send him a message; Contact Us (http://www.andoverhealthcare.com/contact.html) contact for the owners of the aircraft in question. Karma.

His dudeness
31st Jan 2014, 22:26
This has just served to highlight an aircraft and operator being in a certain place at a certain time

Ever seen flightaware.com ? Privacy is a thing of the past in aviation.

Tray Surfer
31st Jan 2014, 22:57
It just goes to show, much like that Russian dolly who took the picture of herself flipping the bird to the passengers at the back of the cabin and who was eventually found out, that media be it social or otherwise, will come back to bite you in the behind one way or another.

flydive1
1st Feb 2014, 07:58
Anyone wishing to send him a message; Contact Us (http://www.andoverhealthcare.com/contact.html) contact for the owners of the aircraft in question. Karma.

Are you sure?

g109
2nd Feb 2014, 21:35
That pilot needs to be fired, I hope somebody contacts the owner

drag king
2nd Feb 2014, 21:58

Not later than 2 weeks ago we had someone posting an "ad-hoc" tread on a bizjet (reg included) left with the rudder unlock when he/she could simply had prompted the local FBO to contact the crew. Now this witch-hunt based on a Youtube clip, where the a/c and its crew could be completely out of context...

Holy smoke, not something that I would do myself nor to be proud of but...aren't you busy enough, mate? Does it make you feel better to wish someone loses his livelihood for something you really know very little about?

DK :rolleyes:

flydive1
2nd Feb 2014, 22:10

Well...

1. If, again, if anybody would "have" to contact the owner, that would be the photographer, the only one that could have a reason to.

2. If you feel so strongly that he should be reported, why hope that someone else does it? Be a man and do it yourself, using your name of course, not anonymously.