PDA

View Full Version : Need some Boeing 757 information...

sambancroft
28th Jan 2014, 13:30
Hi,

I'm currently studying an Aerospace Engineering degree, and as part of my final year project I must simulate an aircraft crash. I need some information on the Boeing 757-200, and Boeing really aren't helping me with this..

The technical information I need is the maximum and minimum angles that the ailerons, elevators, and the rudder can go too. After that I can do all the maths I need to do, but Boeing apparently don't have the information (really?!), so I was wondering if and of you had any resources that would contain the information required?

If you could help it would be amazing, I can't really pass the project without this because I can't progress any further unless I can simulate the crash...

Thanks in advance!

Tinwacker
28th Jan 2014, 14:38
Sam,
Good luck on your degree..
Give some time as there are plenty of people with access to B757 AMM's and the data you need is in there. Not sure about minimum angles??
These flight controls will have operating angles +/- a tolerance factor.

Boeing should have given you the assistance needed as a future customer.

You might have been better posting this on the Engineering Site.

TW

sambancroft
28th Jan 2014, 15:17
Thanks!

By mininum angles I meant the maximum negative angle it could achieve... e.g. -15° :)

Yeah, I'm posting it up in a few places hoping I get a repsonce!!

TopBunk
28th Jan 2014, 16:44
Have you posted on this site?

Aircraft Engineers Bulletin Board (http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/index.php)

sambancroft
28th Jan 2014, 17:59
Not yet, I'm currently waiting for an Admin to approve my account on that site :)

Spooky 2
31st Jan 2014, 13:32
Boeing is not in the habit of passing out information to non-customers. Nothing new here, it just a fact of life. I doubt that Airbus is any better. :)

grounded27
1st Feb 2014, 00:16
Aileron.
Control wheel travel is ±82.5° to the left and right of the control wheel neutral position. Maximum corresponding aileron travel is 21° up and 21° down for about 55° control wheel travel. The remaining 30° of travel drive the spoiler RVDT units. An autopilot disconnect button is located on the control wheel. The aileron trim indicator is on the top of the control wheel.
Elevator.
(g)Push the captain's control column forward until it touches the control column stop.

(h)Make sure the captain's aft quadrant touches the captain's aft quadrant stop ( Ref. Figure 504).

(i)Hold the control column in this position for 30 seconds.

(j)After 30 seconds, measure and write down the left elevator down travel while you hold the control column.

(k)Make sure that the down travel is at least 18.15 inches (461.0 mm) (View A-A, Ref. Figure 504).
NOTE: If the left elevator does not have the necessary down travel, do the procedure to adjust the captain's aft quadrant stop.

(l)Pull the captain's control column aft until it touches the control column stop.

(m)Make sure the captain's aft quadrant touches the captain's aft quadrant stop.

(n)Hold the control column in this position for 30 seconds.

(o)After 30 seconds, measure and write down the left elevator up travel while you hold the control column.

(p)Make sure that the up travel is at least 29.08 inches (738.6 mm)

Rudder.
(4)Push the captain's left pedal forward until the aft quadrant touches its full travel stop and do these checks:
(a)Make sure the rudder moves to the left 40.05 - 43.03 inches (1.017 - 1.093 m)(30.6 +1.26/-1.0 degrees).

(b)Make sure the rudder position indicator moves to its full left position (approximately 30 degrees).

(9)Push the captain's right pedal forward until the aft quadrant touches its full travel stop and do these checks:
(a)Make sure the rudder moves to the right 40.05 - 43.03 inches (1017 - 1093 mm) (30.6 +1.26/-1.0 degrees).

(b)Make sure the rudder position indicator moves to its full left position (approximately 30 degrees).

Best I could find for now. Keep in mind the elevator authority has a lot to do with stab position. Also aileron's are helped by flight spoilers.

sambancroft
3rd Feb 2014, 19:19
Thank you so much!!!!

rog747
4th Feb 2014, 08:58
the Birgenair 757 crash off Puerto Plata in Dom Rep would be an interesting flight envelope to study and i think there is a NTSB video simulation of the flight

the other one is the Aero Peru again in the sea off Lima (similar circumstances)