PDA

View Full Version : A380 QF93 sheds some rubber

Critical Reynolds No
27th Jan 2014, 20:04
Bit of "excitement" around Tulla yesterday. Go arounds a plenty. Bit of rubber left on the tarmac. Can be seen here at about 50 seconds.
PuUVrX9GhFk

nitpicker330
27th Jan 2014, 22:16
You've got good Eyes to see that on the Video, I can't see anything!!

noip
27th Jan 2014, 22:30
I can see nothing abnormal. All tyres seem intact, there is no rubber shred that I can see. The only thing is that he may have mistaken the nose gear as a shredded tyre, it being smaller than the mains.

N

Bula
27th Jan 2014, 22:42
W10 or W6 by the looks

nitpicker330
27th Jan 2014, 22:48
What is W10 or W6?

Critical Reynolds No
27th Jan 2014, 23:00
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1690170_10202354036186510_1334991870_n.jpg

Not sure how the linking from Facebook goes but here goes.

noip
27th Jan 2014, 23:13
More likely something blown up by the jetblast of No1 engine. Doesn't appear to be anywhere near the gear.

N

onetrack
27th Jan 2014, 23:16
Must have been a pretty slow day in Tulla for a bit of rubber shredding to cause major excitement. :ooh:
Are operations there so boringly regular and consistent, that a bit of rubber on the runway and a few GA's brought all the half-closed eyelids up to fully-open position?? :)

Capn Bloggs
27th Jan 2014, 23:35
that a bit of rubber on the runway and a few GA's brought all the half-closed eyelids up to fully-open position??
With the volume of air in the tanks these days, One Track, any GA fully opens ones eyes and starts puckering of the foofoo valve...

onetrack
27th Jan 2014, 23:45
Capn Bloggs - Yes, I would imagine, with the sheer amount of holding patterns going on - as I've experienced in numerous recent SLF flights - there must be quite a number of a/c regularly calling in PAN's due to screaming warnings of low motion-lotion levels. WIII and YBBN come to mind immediately. :hmm:

ASY68
28th Jan 2014, 02:39
Listening to LiveATC, QFA93 reported the FOD north of the intersection so it was there before their departure. CES737 had lots of fun by the sounds of it :P

Jack Ranga
28th Jan 2014, 09:12
That's an inverted C152 Aerobat. His ozrunways subscription expired.

doug606
28th Jan 2014, 09:51
Qantas A380 Blows Tire on Takeoff Melbourne - YouTube

It did shred the recap and caused impact damage in the nose wheel well.

emergency000
28th Jan 2014, 10:18
I'll be submitting my article to the Age, Australian and Herald Sun for printing tonight. Expecting front page tomorrow!

"Flight from Hell

Melbourne passengers told of their terrible dreadful fear aboard a Foreign bound Qantas flight which was told in no uncertain terms to return to Melbourne yesterday due to large bits falling off.

Some passengers were terrified that the 943 passengers were told few details of the catastrophe.

They said the plane 'Flew slowly with the engines screaming like Shannon Noll trying to sing' before turning around.

As a precaution, fire trucks were on standby when the Airbus A300 landed.

Passenger Bruce Goatman last night was still recovering from the ordeal.

'I was completely terrified until the wheels touched the ground', the passenger said."

Anything involving "The Q" will bring the screamers out... Never mind the details, George, we've got a deadline to meet!

For anyone else wanting to make their own story, The Lazy Journalists Plane Story Generator (http://radans.net/jens/planestory.html)

Cheers,
John

Capetonian
28th Jan 2014, 10:25
You forgot a couple of essential journalistic items :

"The massive jumbo jet loaded with millions of litres of highly inflammable petrol came within a few feet of crashing onto a junior school and would then have continued its death plunge into a crowded shopping centre. An observer on the ground, Mrs. Ima Sillicow, 72, said she could clearly see the grim faces of the heroic pilots as they wrestled with the controls to avert disaster."

Evanelpus
28th Jan 2014, 10:36
Looks like another attempt at Qantas bashing to me.

Aren't we fed up of this yet?:ugh:

Cactusjack
28th Jan 2014, 10:53
Was Kenborough out plane spotting again? Nice footage Ken :ok:

Tinwacker
28th Jan 2014, 11:23
An observer on the ground, Mrs. Ima Sillicow, 72, said, "she could clearly see the grim faces of the heroic pilots as they wrestled with the controls to avert disaster."

to an undercover 'News of the World' plane spotter......

Love the news
TW