PDA

View Full Version : Winter Olympics

cambioso
27th Jan 2014, 09:32
Anyone else going to Sochi and then on to Trabzon (for parking) next week?
Beers maybe?
Jez

FL480
27th Jan 2014, 10:33
we'll have an XL crew in Trabzon from 06FEB to 08FEB

dc9-32
27th Jan 2014, 13:12
getting slots confirmed is a joke. I requested on 6th December for slots on 6th February and they are still not confirmed.

cambioso
27th Jan 2014, 20:08
Yes we're still waiting for our slots. We're told they will contact 5-6 days before the event..................
Haven't been to Russia for yonks (I'm not complaining!), it seems nothing has changed. I am anticipating absolute chaos........It will probably be far worse than that?!
Bws,
Jez

Jet Jockey A4
27th Jan 2014, 23:25
I'm not on the trip but my understanding is our crew is moving the aircraft from Sochi to the Greek Islands.

500 above
28th Jan 2014, 06:46
I'm not on the trip but my understanding is our crew is moving the aircraft from Sochi to the Greek Islands.

A few are apparently going to Paphos, Cyprus. There's hangarage available at good rates, similar to apron parking.

FL480
28th Jan 2014, 10:00
We've our slots confirmed for the 8th (almost as requested !), but still not for the 6th.
So no landing permit yet...

Booglebox
28th Jan 2014, 10:43
I hear rumours that they are holding off confirming slots, until the state flights have got the ones they want...

jetopa
29th Jan 2014, 09:49
I hear rumours that they are holding off confirming slots, until the state flights have got the ones they want...

I wouldn't be surprised if that's true... After all, they want to make sure that the President and all his buddies have slots. :ok:

One caveat to take into consideration, when planning to go there: tailwind component.

It may very well happen to have these winds from the west (= mountains) which are fine when landing from the 'lake'. But since you under no circumstances will be allowed to depart into the wind, the tailwind component frequently wil exceed your airplane's limitations, so... be patient.

Not that this prevents anybody from taking off anyway though... :ugh:

FL480
4th Feb 2014, 12:43
Still waiting for URSS slots on 06FEB...

Anyone received slots "already" ?

dc9-32
4th Feb 2014, 13:04
I got slots confirmed for our 06FEB request and slots issued are for 05FEB - take it or leave it. So we cancelled.

FL480
4th Feb 2014, 13:44
same as us !
slots just arrived 10 min ago, also K for 05FEB iso 06FEB as requested.

We will cancel most probably...

cambioso
4th Feb 2014, 15:41
Hey Mods...............What has happened to all of the details (on this thread) of the extortionate rates and chaos that we have experienced over this amazing performance?
Have you been threatened by the Men in Black maybe..............??
The whole point of the posting was to warn guys what to expect from this place!!
It's only the truth that was being quoted, not fiction or conjecture.
Jez

dc9-32
4th Feb 2014, 16:07
I was advised the "complex surcharge" would not be charged for a flight tomorrow.

Define the term "complex". Does it mean complex, as in there are many variables and is difficult to understand, or Complex as in the facility itself ?

cambioso
4th Feb 2014, 16:50
I was looking forward to the trip. Now I'm bloody glad we're out of it.
After our cancellation, the pax still lost a small fortune on non-refundable "Required to pay in advance" hotel bookings though!
Good luck all of you brave (and Rich!) souls that are still going.
WARNING!! Don't forget to check that your Credit Card limits are sufficient for the "Complex" fees (no seriously!!).
Jez

flydive1
4th Feb 2014, 16:53
Hey Mods...............What has happened to all of the details (on this thread) of the extortionate rates and chaos that we have experienced over this amazing performance?
Have you been threatened by the Men in Black maybe..............??
The whole point of the posting was to warn guys what to expect from this place!!
It's only the truth that was being quoted, not fiction or conjecture.
Jez

This?

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/532924-sochi-landing-surcharge.html

cambioso
4th Feb 2014, 17:43
Oh yes..........Well found flydive !
I must be going round the bend, how strange, I could have sworn that was all in one post!!
Sorry Mods :-)

Jez

PPRuNe Towers
4th Feb 2014, 19:54
Not a problem:ok:

Rob

FL480
4th Feb 2014, 20:11
We've cancelled our flight. Slots are released.
There should be more and more slots available now...

FLEXJET
5th Feb 2014, 00:28
The latest "budget" estimates are $60 billion (just 5 times the original one announced in Guatemala back in 2007 and more than 30 times Salt Lake City's).

Watch here: $12 billion at 2min 40 sec: Full version of Putin speech (2014 Winter Olympics) - YouTube

How can you be so wrong?