PDA

View Full Version : iOS7/4S

TOWTEAMBASE
25th Jan 2014, 18:29
Anyone else experienced the over heating issue IOS 7 has caused (according to a well known phone network shop)the iPhone 4S wifi. It causes the wifi on/off button to "grey out", and apple are in the process of designing a patch that may or may not resolve it. A well know brand of network are wiping their hands of it. This could cost apple a small fortune in replacement hand sets !!

goldfrog
25th Jan 2014, 21:03
I have a 4S running IOS7 and have had no problems with over-heating

TOWTEAMBASE
25th Jan 2014, 21:09
A quick google finds it to be quite common

mixture
25th Jan 2014, 22:12
I have a 4S running IOS7 and have had no problems with over-heating

What he said.

(Well, I don't have a 4S myself, but I know someone who does)

Keef
25th Jan 2014, 23:48
Nope. My 4S runs iOS7.0.4 and has no problem. It gets hot if I use it to do some hard work, but otherwise it's fine. I get through a day with about 40% charge left at the end, so it's not wasting much.

ExXB
26th Jan 2014, 07:29
iOS 7 is still buggy. Find My Friends "notify me' function stopped working completely on upgrading from 7 to 7.01.

I assume apple is working on it, but I fear it's just one of many problems they need to deal with.

In hindsight I should not have upgraded from 6. The new OS gives me nothing new, it mainly changed the look and feel, which I didn't need.

Windy Militant
26th Jan 2014, 10:42
In !994 I attended a couple of thermal imaging seminars where one of the applications that was featured was a mobile phone company who were having a similar problem with a large number of phones burning out components shortly after being sold. It turned out that people were not using the phone in a manner expected of them and were not following the expected menu paths.
This caused the software to switch the hardware at higher rates than the hardware could cope with and lead to transient short circuits.
The original testing methods using thermocouples acted as heat sinks and so did not show the events, the TIC showed the events, which would exceed the rated value of the components briefly but after enough events they went pop.
The solution was to write a delay in the software so the hardware had time to switch before the current was redirected so the shorting was eliminated.
Possibly a similar thing is happening here.

TOWTEAMBASE
30th Jan 2014, 08:15
Update on it, after a few days the wifi came back, and the battery held a charge, 2 days later its gone again and the battery goes flat within an hour or so !!!!

mixture
30th Jan 2014, 09:44
Everything else (unused apps) can be switched off using a killer app

Why waste your time with a "killer" app when you can just double click on the home button and quit the apps that way ?

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Jan 2014, 12:01
Bah!

Got no truck with they noofangled tellingbones...