PDA

View Full Version : a little advice required

liquidhockey
14th May 2002, 17:04
Today i travelled to Manchester airport to visit the job centre (i want a job as a dispatcher). There was only one placement which is a servisair.
There are two drawbacks though.
1. I can't start until the start of june. (because of exams at college)

2. The job requires me to be 18 and my 18th birthday is at the start of July.

I brought home the application form anyway but what do you people think i should do?

Thanks in advance

Dave

barnaby
14th May 2002, 18:35
Liquidhockey,

If you dont fill in the appication form and send it in you DEFINITELY wont get the job!

Fill it in, send it in with a nice covering letter and who knows, the criteria they set may not be set in stone, maybe they are but you've got to be in it to win it.

B

JoyDivision
15th May 2002, 21:48
Go for it. The turnover at Servisair tends to be quite high so even if they don't let you in immediately you stand a chance later. They are also keen to see enthusiasm.

Brilliant job did it for 4 years. Can be a pain on a winter evening though with horizontal rain and freezing cold!

srs what?
16th May 2002, 14:47
Out of interest does anybody know what sort of pay a dispatcher would get with a company like ServiScare?

BryanC123
19th May 2002, 21:02
Well like all jobs, you gotta start somewhere. Probably somewhere in the region of 10,000 plus shift pay. In saying that the overtime is usually endless...........

Good luck dude:cool:

GASH !
26th May 2002, 10:57
I can't speak for other stations but here in EDI we're on a basic of £21,000 plus shift pay and choice of group 3 company vehicle (must be blue in colour). 30 hour weeks along with 8 weeks paid leave.

On hot summer days we have girls on roller blades bringing out cool drinks with our loadsheets.

It's fantastic !!!!! We have vacancies available at the moment, and good looking females may apply.

HODGY
4th Jun 2002, 13:56
I wouldnt try to con circusair as they'll find out your age when you go for your ID, covering note isn't a bad idea though.

canberra
17th Jun 2002, 18:20
i applied for a job with servisair at man as a dispatcher and got an interview. i was told at the interview(a friday) that they were waiting to hear from the accountants as to whether or not they could take people on. i got a letter the following morning saying i had been unsuccesful, at the interview they said that they would let me know by the following wednesday at the latest. i feel that the accountants had said no, well thats my theory! i wish you well in your application, but the reason why you have to be 18 is thats the minimum age you can work nights

liquidhockey
17th Jun 2002, 19:11
Thanks Canberra!

Since applying for that job with servisair i have applied to Globeground for a baggage job and this morning i got a phone call to say i got the job! :eek:
I'm a bit chuffed now because this means that i can start my PPL at Christmas!
Can't wait!

Good luck in the future
Dave

Boss Raptor
20th Jun 2002, 14:52
Glad to see you finally made it LH - sticking it out is the golden rule... ;)

liquidhockey
20th Jun 2002, 23:01
Thanks Boss ;) ;)