PDA

View Full Version : Bill gates speech to a school - !!!

500N
24th Jan 2014, 03:42
Bill gates speech to a school - !!!

I thought it was very good.

Parents read this and show to your kids! It will take one minute. Fairly bloody interesting. Peace Greeny ~ Bill Gates ~ This should be posted in every school or kid's bedroom. Love him or hate him , he sure hits the nail on the head with this! Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about eleven things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world. Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it! Rule 2: The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself. Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both. Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: They called it opportunity. Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them. Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were: So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room. Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. *This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life. Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. (Do that on your own time.) Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life, people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs. Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. If you can read this...thank a Teacher. If you can read this in English...thank a Soldier! And for life and everything else you have...thank God! Now....think about this and smile if you agree and please pass this on.... If you don't agree, go stick your head in the SAND and take a DEEP BREATH!

fujii
24th Jan 2014, 03:49
This is not from Bill Gates. It's an excerpt from the book "Dumbing Down our Kids" by educator Charles Sykes. It is a list of eleven things you did not learn in school and directed at high school and college grads.

500N
24th Jan 2014, 03:57
Ok, thanks for the correction.

RJM
24th Jan 2014, 04:31
Much prefer this chnap - and his company's products:

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address - YouTube

cattletruck
25th Jan 2014, 12:01
Darn all those corporate flunky wannabies

HARRY-AS-A-BOY
(Thing Fish, Frank Zappa)

RHONDA:
HARRY! HARRY, is that you as a boy?

HARRY:
Why, it must be! He's so charming and sweet and likeable!

THING-FISH:
HARRY-AS-A-BOY, c'mon over 'n say a few words to de nice peoples!

HARRY-AS-A-BOY:
Hi, folks! Nice to be here!

THING-FISH:
I's sure dere be lotsa folks like to know what yo' plans are. How y'intend t'be gwine about dis uncredibly serious bidniss o' growin' up in Ermerica!

HARRY-AS-A-BOY:
Well, I plan on making a few mistakes, having my heart broken and so forth, using all kinds of drugs, and turning gay as soon as possible in order to accelerate my rise to the 'top of the heap.'

THING-FISH:
Ahh! Tremenjous, HARRY-AS-A-BOY, simply tre-menjous! You practicin' up fo it wit anybody in po-ticlar now?

HARRY-AS-A-BOY:
I can't afford to study with anyone yet, since the bulk of my allowance goes for glue and Grateful Dead (http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/The_Grateful_Dead) tickets, but soon I hope to be on my knees in a real homo bath house... maybe when my folks go on vacation.

THING-FISH:
Ain't you de clever one! Tell us, HARRY-AS-A-BOY, howdja recide upon dis heah life-style bein' de one fo you?

HARRY-AS-A-BOY:
It was pretty simple, really. I lost all desire for intercourse with females when they started carrying those briefcases and wearing suits 'n ties.

RHONDA:
What?!

HARRY-AS-A-BOY:
Let's face it: that would be like fcuking a slightly more voluptuous version of somebody's father! 'N I'm far too sensitive for such a traumatic experience!

THING-FISH:
You means de Womens' Libromatium Movenint done created de uncontrollable urgement to play dingle-dangle-dingle wit de personal requipment of yo own gender?

HARRY-AS-A-BOY:
To a degree. I mean, look, I'm not stupid! I know it's all a thoroughly workable government-sponsored program to control the Population Explosion, and, just like every other American, I'm too concerned with my own personal health and well-being to think of devoting any of myprecious time to something as boring as reproduction!

RHONDA:
HARRY, I used to think you were merely an "over-educated sh!t-head", but now that I finally have proof, it's going to give me great pleasure to refer to you as an "over-educated [email protected]"!

HARRY:
Well, to be honest with you, dearest, I sort of... gulp, gulp...

RHONDA:
Where's the fairies on a string, HARRY? Huh? Riddle me this!

THING-FISH:
Easy there, white folks! I told y'all'd be gettin' yo' fairies after while, 'n y'know dat sort o' thing take a little time to woik up to in yo' Broadway Sitchyatium! MAMMYS step faw'd 'n hep de lil' [email protected] out!