PDA

View Full Version : Blue Monday

sitigeltfel
20th Jan 2014, 09:40
Apparently this is the saddest day of the year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Monday_%28date%29)...

This date allegedly falls on the Monday of the last full week of January.Funnily enough, I woke up this morning feeling more chipper than usual :ok:

Maybe Blue Diamond will be along to tell us how he feels?

Takan Inchovit
20th Jan 2014, 09:42
Probably more blue than she normally feels now.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
20th Jan 2014, 09:54
Caco being AWOL, I offer you...

Joni Mitchell - Blue - YouTube

Alloa Akbar
20th Jan 2014, 10:16
Yeah I felt fine this morning too.. after all, coming in to work with a load of Manchester United fans - My day was always going to be better than theirs!! :ok:

Vercingetorix
20th Jan 2014, 10:35
Alloa
made my day. ✔

Cheers

pigboat
20th Jan 2014, 13:39
Maybe Blue Diamond will be along to tell us how he feels.

He?? Oh my Goodness. :eek:

In memory of the recently departed. ;)

j3e_y9Bc7hs

500N
20th Jan 2014, 13:56
That day in Aus is Australia day so most of the country is on holiday
and gets pissed :O

Shaggy Sheep Driver
20th Jan 2014, 14:14
It's been a superb day here all day. That always raises the spirits.

ExSp33db1rd
20th Jan 2014, 21:59
That day in Aus is Australia day so most of the country is on holiday
and gets pissed ???

On my NZ calendar ( so it could be wrong ) Aus. Day is the 27th this year, so I'd go for 20th Jan.as Blue Monday, not 27th, the latter not being the start of a full week,Saturday being 1st Feb. ( at least in the Antipodes it is, can't speak for the Podes )

But then .... don't open your umbrella inside the house, and smash up all your boiled egg shells when you've eaten the egg, so that the Witches don't use them to sail away in.

or something like that - makes as much sense.

Ozzy
20th Jan 2014, 22:15
Well FCUK MONDAY. I woke up with no heat. 6 hours later and $225 lighter I have a new oil pump. Fricking thing was installed no more than 8 years ago. So far this winter has cost me $1050 in service and parts...and we have a "big storm" coming in tomorrow...can one tell that one is pissed?????

Ozzy

500N
20th Jan 2014, 22:16
Ex

Oops :uhoh:

You are 100% correct, my mistake.

Takes me a while after being away bush for a couple of weeks to get back into things having come from a no watch (apart from the sun), no calender and don't
have a clue what day it is environment :O

Rossian
21st Jan 2014, 08:54
......good grief Mr Ex.....! You are the first person outside my family that I've heard come out with that ritual!

My daughter-in -law looked at me as if I'd lost my marbles and was in danger of infecting her children with some medieval magic. (But the twins now do it, he he!)
My other grandaughter took as an eminently sensible precaution. Along with Grandad's other idea of having seville orange marmalade with sausages (same rationale as apple sauce with pork, cuts any tendency to greasyness)

So it is possible to pass ancient myths down through to the modern generation.

The Ancient Mariner

Fliegenmong
21st Jan 2014, 09:12
" idea of having seville orange marmalade with sausages (same rationale as apple sauce with pork, cuts any tendency to greasyness) "

Well..without an explanation I would have dismissed it out of hand.... :(

Another Blue Monday......

New Order - Blue Monday '88 (Official Video) High Quality - YouTube

:ok:

BlueDiamond
21st Jan 2014, 12:06
Maybe Blue Diamond will be along to tell us how he feels?
Hot. It's after 2100 and still 32 degrees C. :{

And yes, I am a "she" not a "he." But no probs there ... I chose a gender neutral name which gives no clues so no worries, lefty.

lomapaseo
21st Jan 2014, 12:42
it's Tuesday

get over it !