PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird e-mail folders ?

ExSp33db1rd
20th Jan 2014, 03:37
Recent conversation on this Internet forum - and thank you - suggested that I move to Mozilla Thunderbird as a result of my complaining about Microsoft Skydrive having invaded my Windows Live Mail e-mail programme, especially with regard to sending pictures from Picasa - they now go to some album in the sky, that my recipients have to access. Not interested.

My question is ... how do I make new Folders to place e-mails into having once read them on a daily basis, i.e. on my Win. Live Mail, (morphed from Outlook Express, which I'd learned to 'drive' over the years) I have created folders named - e.g. Keep, Wife, Club A, Club B etc into which I place e-mails for easy access when next I want to refer to them, i.e. e-mails of a specific topic are kept together, not just randomly scattered through my Inbox along with the dross.

I admit I have not yet investigated all the Help facilities of Thunderbird, but can't immediately work out how to create new storage folders ?

onetrack
20th Jan 2014, 03:50
ExSp33b1rd - This link will help you out. I find Thunderbird a very-user-friendly setup, far better than anything MS ever produced.

Creating a local folder in Thunderbird | InMotion Hosting (http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/email/thunderbird/creating-a-local-folder-in-thunderbird)

ExSp33db1rd
20th Jan 2014, 05:59
onetrack

!! I must have been brain dead, that's so obvious !! but many thanks for the lead.

ExS.