PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines contract agreements

Al Neri
18th Jan 2014, 18:48
Hi to everyone,

Can someone tell me what´s going on with the Turkish Lira and Thy contract agreement? I have been reading the the contract terms for pilots and since June of 2013 the lira passed from 2.30 to 3.01 (today´s value) does the company increasing time after time the salaries? or compensating the devaluation of the lira?

I am thinking in apply for a screening but I am not sure since the salary converted in euro changed dramatically in six months....
Also I saw for first officers asking 4 years university degree...:ugh:

Good flights to everyone.

Scott_T
20th Jan 2014, 01:15
It is very frustrating I have 1,000 hours 737 , which is 500 shirt for the normal entry, but then have no degree for the low hour entry..... Stuck in the middle, why would they impose such an absurd rule.

Pin Head
20th Jan 2014, 06:13
Because it is their train set and they decide the rules.

There are enough people with the extra education.

bob777
20th Jan 2014, 07:43
Pin head..apparently not. The vast majority of FO has no degree and this proves that they could not source pilots with the extra requirement..as you call it. But they forgot to tell candidates about the fact that there was a "tiny" requirement for upgrade. All this while hiring DEC with no degree.It simply makes no sense. Beside I suggest you to search for the term " genuine occupational requirement" as stated on the ECHR anti discrimination law of which Turkey is a signatory and that binds all Turkish companies even more one controlled by the state.A degree is definitely not a genuine requirement to be upgraded according to such law and if was it would apply also to DEC. This is why no EU airlines has such requirement and unfortunately THY whilst not ( yet) a EU carrier has to abide. It would be much better for everybody but especially for THY if they would stick to proper screening and selections to source skilled and proficient pilots local or foreign and consider only their specific professional performances for their eligibility for upgrade. This also to avoid possible unwanted ramifications. My 2 cents..