PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream G550 TRI Needed and aircraft to conduct circuits. (long shot, I know!)

flight scchool
18th Jan 2014, 01:11
Hi all, I'm writing this in hope more than expectation.

I'm Looking for a Gulfstream G550 TRI (EASA) to conduct the required take-off s and Landings to get it on my licence. The bigger problem is I also need an aircraft to conduct it in :ugh:.
I just completed the initial but need to get the circuits done in a hurry.

I'm an experienced pilot and TRI/TRE, (just not on the right type it seems).

I could really use some help on this in a hurry, so if anyone anyone knows of anyone that could do it, I'd be eternally grateful indeed.

Gulfstreamaviator
18th Jan 2014, 04:49
Any EU operators of G550......... I assume you did the TR on the suggestion or to pitch yourself at specific operator(s).... sorry can not be more help....

Good Luck.

Glf

deefer dog
19th Jan 2014, 12:03
I can't help you, but you might want to check with your authority before you do the LPC with just "anyone" other than the TRTO. Many recent problems related to interpretation of the regs by some authorities.

FlyTCI
19th Jan 2014, 12:41
I won't be much of help, but I must ask you, did you not look into this BEFORE you spent tens of thousands of $/€'s on the type?

Bit of a gamble as it will all be in vain and money down the drain if you aren't able to find a plane/instructor within the 60 (I think) day window to do it.

FlyTCI
19th Jan 2014, 18:06
Yeah, provided he did the training under another license (i.e FAA) on top of the EASA training as well. Kinda hard getting a job and 500 hrs if he doesn't have the type on any license. I have done the 500 hr transfer myself twice

Two years ago when I got one of my types I was told by my home country's authorities I had 60 days to get the bounces done. Obviously that may have changed since.

flight scchool
20th Jan 2014, 14:31
Thanks for the answers guys.
Actually My situation is a bit odd as my type was all paid for by my company and most of my job will be done in a big moving box on stilts, if you get my drift, hence the lack of access to an aircraft. I need the bounces to do some part time flying on the side etc and also to do an FAA prior experience course rather than another full initial (as you need to have had the type stamped on another licence for that), as I will do FAA training too, eventually.

Hope that clears it up a little.

Steak&Kidney_Pie
21st Jan 2014, 07:24
Check your PM