PDA

View Full Version : A320 RTO 5 amber ECAMs

timmyEGCC
14th Jan 2014, 23:37
Hi all,

FCOM PRO-ABN-10 lists out 5 Amber ECAM CAUTIONS that you would reject for above 100KT.

I'm curious to know if there are any other ECAM CAUTIONS that are NOT inhibited in flight phase 4 (80KT to LIFTOFF)?

Also, (I know it's been bought up before) has anyone managed to find out the reason ENG REVERSER FAULT is listed as one of the 5, when it's inhibited in Phases 3,4 and 5? Is it because it would show up as soon as you reject the take-off after it commands IDLE thrust?

Cheers

chimbu warrior
16th Jan 2014, 09:18
There are 5?

I looked in an Airbus manual which I think is current, but there are only 4;
-F/CTL SIDESTICK FAULT
‐ ENG FAIL
‐ ENG REVERSER FAULT
‐ ENG REVERSE UNLOCKED

What is the 5th?

dream747
16th Jan 2014, 09:33
My current manual has another one:

ENG 1(2) THR LEVER FAULT

FLX/MCT
16th Jan 2014, 18:08
I wrote down these possible, uninhibited cautions in the mentioned flight phase in my notes (being asked the same question couple of months ago):

FWC 1+2 fault, NAV FMS position disagree, THR Lvr fault, ENG shutdown, REV fail, REV unlock, ENG fail and sidestick fault.

timmyEGCC
16th Jan 2014, 18:20
Thanks for that! Got my command interview in a few days and wanted to get on top of it all.

:)

FLX/MCT
16th Jan 2014, 20:25
You're welcome, good luck for the interview!

rjlna
23rd Jan 2014, 06:15
Actually de FWC 1+2 wont give you any caution. The main problem as a captain is to trust in the inhibit in your take off run (phase 4) and reject TO with a minor failure, for example the ENG OIL LO PRESS is not inhibited, but, as far as I see, could be just an indicaition with all other parameters OK.

And the NAV FMS pos disagree is only active on phase 5, no mess with the RTO but active in your initial navigation.

I-2021
24th Jan 2014, 09:33
Hi all,

FCOM PRO-ABN-10 lists out 5 Amber ECAM CAUTIONS that you would reject for above 100KT.

I'm curious to know if there are any other ECAM CAUTIONS that are NOT inhibited in flight phase 4 (80KT to LIFTOFF)?

Also, (I know it's been bought up before) has anyone managed to find out the reason ENG REVERSER FAULT is listed as one of the 5, when it's inhibited in Phases 3,4 and 5? Is it because it would show up as soon as you reject the take-off after it commands IDLE thrust?

Cheers

Hey timmy,

in the latest revision of my FCOM the conditions leading to reject the takeoff above 100 kt are as follows :

- Fire warning or severe damage
- Sudden loss of engine thrust
- Aircraft unsafe to fly
- Any red ECAM warning
- Any amber ECAM caution related to ENG or F/CTL system

The last line avoids any confusion for any go or no go cautions that could or could not be inhibited in a time critical situation. The same list is also reproduced in the latest version of the FCTM.

Cheers.