View Full Version : CAA Licence issue times?

BUDGIE
14th May 2002, 08:26
Luckily I already have mine but was talking to some youngsters who said they passed their PPL's over six weeks ago and they still haven't got their licences. Is that normal for this time of year?
I'll be applying for my CPL/IR in summer and am wondering how long they'll take to get that to me!
Funny thing given the CAA says they try to turn them round in 10days, one poor guy was heading to America this week(hr building) and had to cancel everything.
Is it the same folks who do the PPL's, CPL's IR etc????
Anyone else been waiting that long or are they pulling my leg?

Cheers
BUDGIE

bit concerned it'll take approx. 1year for licence issue!

The Greaser
14th May 2002, 09:32
Took my application up to Gatwick in the middle of Feb. I was told 10 working days maximum. Over 3 weeks later still no sign of it, so I called up FCL and was told that for no good reason absolutely nobody had even looked at the application yet. After expressing my dissatisfaction I subsequently received the licence 2 days later. I firmly believe that without that phone call I still would not have that licence in my hand.
The CAA do not seem to realise that people have interviews etc where they need the licence - can it be so hard to check a logbook and type a licence out same day?