PDA

View Full Version : The law is an ass

piperboy84
13th Jan 2014, 16:04
Just got convicted today, first time in my 50 years I have ever been in a criminal court, the offense ? Making it easier for the mailman to deliver my mail properly,

I live on a farm and use my name, the farm name, the local town and the postal code as my mailing address, recently a few more family members have built houses on the farm and some of them share either my first initial or Christian name and last name which causes havoc with the mailman.

So I decided to personalize my address by adding a unique house name as the first line of my address, while overseas on an extended stay I got a camera speeded ticket in the mail, which went unanswered due to my absence, upon returning and trying to take care go the ticket I gave the the cops my "new" and more definitive address, big mistake

I got charged under some organized crime statute for not having a motor vehicle registered to my "current" address I.e. The same house but with the unique house name, I explained to the judge I have lived in the same house for 14 years but amended the address to add a unique name to make it easier for people to find me.

All to no avail and a criminal conviction to boot

Completely friggin nuts!

vulcanised
13th Jan 2014, 16:44
You get Law in court but frequently not justice.

Ozzy
13th Jan 2014, 16:54
Holy sh!t they did you for that? Are you an immigrant? If you were you would have got a finger wagging tell off instead. Not the country I left 23 years ago! Also from Angus….

Ozzy

piperboy84
13th Jan 2014, 17:51
Ozzy Holy sh!t they did you for that? Are you an immigrant? If you were you would have got a finger wagging tell off instead. Not the country I left 23 years ago! Also from Angus….

Ozzy

Funny you should say that , there was an Afican guy up in front of the judge right before I got called, I did not catch what he had done but he basically pled guilty and said he just wanted to plead guilty, put the case behind him and move on with his life, he seemed a very nice chap and was smartly dressed with a nice suit and tartan tie, the prosecutor had a huddle with the judge then asked him if he would like to withdraw his guilty plea as the prosecutor has implied she had a better way of handling the charges, the Afrcan guy said no I just want to plead guilty so the judge not being allowed to instruct him how to plead gently led the guy to withdraw the guilty plea at which time the prosecutor said some crap about having no further interest in prosecuting the case, the poor guy was standing there not knowing what was happening and had to be told twice he was free to leave. I thought good on him getting off with it, but when I came up they reamed me a new asshole!

Where in angus are you from