PDA

View Full Version : SAS pilot recruitment 2014

leteci
13th Jan 2014, 00:09
Hi guys is anyone apply already for pilot 2014 in SAS?
Do you know how much pilots they will hire this year, or they will just recall former SAS guys?

DSACZ
13th Jan 2014, 09:54
Hello,

I have already applied to SAS several days ago. I almost immediately received a response from them where I was asked to fill out the application form once again (due to a system failure).It was my second application in total. Last year I received no response at all. I have no clue about number of new pilots that SAS may employ this year. The only thing that worries me is their Scandinavian language requirement. Of course by imposing a language restriction they protect their own market which I do understand indeed. Hopefully some of you will be lucky enough and get an invitation for an assessment.

leteci
13th Jan 2014, 12:38
If you apply first as a new user than they will ask you to fill out new form as you have to click on next button on advertisment page.
Do not go to fill application as NEW USER.
Well they ask if you are willing to learn scandinavian language so that means if they will not found enought local guys they will hire for sure some expact guys.
I'm wondering what kind of assessment and test we can expect??
Let's see what will happen with this and will some expacts be invited let's upadete this thread day by day.

saab340pilot87
13th Jan 2014, 15:34
Hi,

I don't think they will be looking for expats guys too early in this process, I'm afraid.. It is a lot of guys from Scandinavia flying in RYR, which I think are willing to apply for SAS.
The language is mandatory, but I guess if they are just looking for people with type rating and willing to accept a pay of 28kSEK, then there might be a chance for expats. But I don't expect that to happen, at least not this year.

leteci
13th Jan 2014, 16:58
Hi!

As I saw they are looking F/O on A320/CRJ/B737....but good and solid experiance on those types will have priority....
It is in advertisment like that...

Languages

Fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages ( Berlitz level 4) to be documented before employment (not required for application or interview session).

Fluency in spoken and written English.

Note: You must convert your license to a Scandinavian JAR licence, i.e. from Denmark, Norway or Sweden before your start as a pilot in SAS (as applicable).

Flight time requirements

No specific flight time requirements exist.

(SAS will select the most suitable applicants for processing. Applicants with solid multipilot airplane experience will be considered first.)

So let's see what will happen in near future this advertisment closing date is 31/12/2014!!!!
That means they will recruit whole 2014 and 2015

saab340pilot87
13th Jan 2014, 18:22
Where have you seen that they are looking for A320 pilots?
SAS have already filled the need for CRJ pilots in CPH. What I've heard they are looking for mainly B737 pilots for ARN and OSL base.

Regarding the process, it's an online test (I'm guessing Matrigma or something like that, and a personality test), then it's simulator ride, group exercise and then two operational interviews performed with two SAS pilots. Finally a board decision wether you're SAS material or not.

ViPER550
15th Jan 2014, 03:40
Hello guys, i planning on migrating to Denmark and i need info regarding conversion of my DGCA cpl which is an Indian license issued as per ICAO regulation to the jar fcl . I hav 1000hrs on the 737ng and 1400 hrs total time. Does anyone has any idea how to go abt getting this license converted.

Thanks a ton. Happy landings.

Jetdriver_JAT
15th Jan 2014, 06:26
13 ATPL exams, and you will need to do some form of skilltest, potentially also flighttraining depending on your situation.

010 Airlaw
021 Aicraft general knowledge
022 Instrumentation
031 Mass & balance
032 Performance
033 Flightplanning & monitoring
040 Human performance
050 Meteorologi
061 General Navigation
062 Radio navigation
071 Operational procedures
081 Principle of flight

13 ATPL exams is a mandatory item for the issue of your license. Shouldn't take too long. I did mine on fulltime study, around 30 weeks, but probably you can do it quicker. however if u fail more than 3 times, you will have to do it all again. :E

Any EASA country can convert your license, so u can google around.

F450
15th Jan 2014, 07:20
Does anyone know what to expect on the pre-assessment test? Will it be something simular to the matrigma test?

semmern
15th Jan 2014, 14:00
Have you heard anything from them?

TypeIV
15th Jan 2014, 16:09
They're recruiting continously, mainly Swedish RYR-people with time on the 737

semmern
15th Jan 2014, 16:57
Swedes for OSL too? I find that hard to believe..

TypeIV
15th Jan 2014, 19:51
I'm talking about the ARN-base but I would guess that the same applies for OSL if someone can manage to survive on that salary in Oslo that is :E

mo320777
17th Jan 2014, 17:22
Dear All
I'm a FO on A320 ,was thinking to convert my license TO EASA and apply for SAS. I have swedish residency.

I'm trying to get more info about the work conditions and the salary,All advice's will be appreciated.

Could any of the SAS pilots here give me more info please.

1-salary ! Is it 28 all in all or its just the basic and then there is more for the flying hours ?

2- how many hours per month does the pilots fly ? and does it depend on the type if its 320 or 737 ?

3- do you have to be fluent in any of the Scandinavian language or its enough to know some basics

Any more info will be really appreciated .

saab340pilot87
17th Jan 2014, 17:40
Here's some help for you, everything is stated on the SAS website.

Salary & benefits - SAS (http://www.flysas.com/en/SAS-Pilot/Salary--benefits/)

mo320777
18th Jan 2014, 15:20
Saab . I know what is written on the website but its different when somebody from inside the airline gives out more detail.

too low terrain could you give us some more info about sas

Vixun
18th Jan 2014, 20:46
I have also been with SAS for some years and I think it's still a good firm to work for when you compere with the other airlines in Scandinavia.
When I have said that I wouldn't have become a pilot today with the terms and conditions that the industry are heading for in the future so the best advice I can give is to choose another profession.

Severe CAVOK
19th Jan 2014, 10:12
MO320777:

1-salary ! Is it 28 all in all or its just the basic and then there is more for the flying hours ?
That's basic. Per diem and pension will be on top of that. Per diem: around 4-6000 Dkr/month, pension (DK): 15% of the basic part. I'm not sure about the Swedish and Norwegian pension and per diem, but there are local differences.

2- how many hours per month does the pilots fly ? and does it depend on the type if its 320 or 737 ?
Hours pr. year: 650-900. It probably does vary from type to type, but I don't know the exact numbers.

3- do you have to be fluent in any of the Scandinavian language or its enough to know some basics
My best guess is, that you have to be fluent at the time of employment. SAS has a Berlitz level somewhere on the recruitment website.

leteci
21st Jan 2014, 23:29
That means only local pilots are welcome in SAS!!!!
All the other guys try to find your luck somewhere else....:}

cefey
23rd Jan 2014, 03:15
In all three cases the applicant must possess a valid IR(A)ME, a General Flight Radiotelephone Operator Certificate ( GEN )
What is GEN and where can I take one? Never hear of it before

leteci
25th Jan 2014, 00:15
English proficency ICAO Level 4 , 5 or 6
Usually that is in JAR/EASA licence.

MD80rookie
25th Jan 2014, 07:26
Please show me any italian, spanish, german, french companies that will hire you even if you don't talk the talk. Language is about CRM and general atmosphere.

MichaelPL
25th Jan 2014, 07:39
And the ad does not say 'local pilots only', it just says you need to know the language :)