PDA

View Full Version : Beech Baron eng fail

Cough
10th Jan 2014, 19:13
Folks -

Reading the Jan AAIB bulletin and came across this (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/january_2014/beech_a36tp_bonanza__n7205t.cfm) report.

Now does this raise anyones eyebrows as much as mine?

glendalegoon
10th Jan 2014, 19:47
WHAT raised my eyebrows was reading a thread about a beech baron but reading a report about a beech bonanza.

NOT sure, you guys tell me, a torque gauge on a bonanza? Was it a turbine powered Bonanza. I think they made a limited run of those.

Cough
10th Jan 2014, 20:54
oops - Editing!

silverknapper
10th Jan 2014, 21:57
Beech didn't make any turbine Bonanzas Glen. There are a few STCs about for it though.

glendalegoon
10th Jan 2014, 23:35
cough, that's what I thought...I think it had tip tanks too.

but like I said, a torque gauge?????????

Big Pistons Forever
11th Jan 2014, 00:58
From the link provided by the OP

Description of the aircraft
The A36TP model is a turboprop conversion of the original, piston-engined Beech A36
Bonanza aircraft. The US Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), which introduced the
conversion, also added wingtip tanks to increase the fuel capacity from 74 USG to 114 USG.

Unquote

Cough
11th Jan 2014, 09:45
Wasn't so much that, but look at the report from a passenger count perspective and the type of flight.

Category:
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed Wing

With a PPL?

596 lbs for himself and his four passengers

I'm hoping there are some children in the 596lb. Either that or anorexic models...

Then later...

The pilot and five passengers were taking off from Tatenhill Airfield for a destination in North Yorkshire.

Cough
11th Jan 2014, 19:06
Ok then, lots of AAIB mistakes and yup, Torque gauge definitely normal on a turboprop.

Booglebox
11th Jan 2014, 20:29
It might be commercial, there's one of those in the UK that is used for air-to-air photography...

drag king
12th Jan 2014, 09:45
It might be commercial, there's one of those in the UK that is used for air-to-air photography...

One of these types is a regular visitor at EGPE, often parked outside Signature. Obviously not available by the hundreds in UK so we might be talking of the same bird.

DK :)

Booglebox
12th Jan 2014, 11:52
Indeed DK, I saw it a couple times at EGSU :8