PDA

View Full Version : Jump seat on TAM or LATAM

picobello
10th Jan 2014, 17:07
What is TAM jump seat policy? Are they accepting non Tam employee?

Thanks for your help.:ok:

rsbessa
10th Jan 2014, 18:29
Hi picobello...

I don't work for TAM, but I think I can answer your question:

The general jumpseat policy of most brazilian airlines (can't speak about the cargo guys) is to carry only company's crewmembers. Sometimes, depending on the captain's mood, we carry company's employees on the jumpseat too (but that's not the standard policy).

As per the last agreements between SNA (union) and companies, after a 160 days period, crewmembers (part 121) will be allowed to take flights on other companies else than his own, as long as there are cabin seats available.

Yeap, you read it right... Today, even brazilian crewmembers aren't allowed to jumpseat between brazilian companies. The only exception is Azul Airlines, which allow 1 pilot from other companies per flight.

So, I'm sorry to give you the bad news, but I doubt you could get a jumpseat ride on TAM. Try Azul, your chances are fair greater with them...

It's a shame, I know, but the union's board of directors have just changed, and the "new guys" are working hard to improve things here.

If you need anything else, just ask.

Cheers ! :)

materazzi
13th Jan 2014, 01:06
In LAN, only LAN employees and their benefits relatives can use Jumpseat.

cosmiccomet
13th Jan 2014, 10:02
It is not true for LAN Argentina (4M). The Jumpseat can be given to any pax flying with ID/stand by tickets by Captain discretion. The requirements are the same for the passengers siten at the Emergency exits.
Courtesy tickets can be also given by the Captain but only for Airline Pilots.

picobello
14th Jan 2014, 06:39
Dear all! Many thanks for your feedbacks! ;)

flyingswiss
20th Jan 2014, 20:49
I use to jump seat on most Brazilian cargo operators, all they ever asked was a Medical (ANAC) and the capt had to be ok with it. Show up at dispatch and ask for the ride.

I remember seeing crews from different companies jumpseating on Gol, Webjet and Azul.

Joel Santana
21st Jan 2014, 16:37
Hi picobello, the TAM policy concerning to jumpseat is:

- only TAM's crewmembers are allowed to fly on jump seats.
- other people is allowed under the written approval of the head of Operations in advance (requested at least 2 business days before the date of travelling)

Things are about to change down here due to the the last union agreement, in order to carry also crewmembers of other airlines who commute back home, but no official information was released so far.

Hope 2 have helped u. :ok: