PDA

View Full Version : Professional Helicopter Pilots Association

Butch
13th May 2002, 23:21
For those of you who are interested, here is where PHPA stands at the moment.

10 June is the scheduled launch date.

We have purchased autorotate.org autorotate.net and autorotate.com as the domain names for our PHPA web site.

We also purchased the 'Autorotate' magazine which will now become our organization magazine and will be published six times a year.

Pacific Rotors/Heli-Ops is also a part of the membership package and each member will receive it the other six times a year. The two magazines will be sent in alternating months.

Our office is at 1809 Clearview Parkway approximately five minutes from the New Orleans Int airport. It will open the first week in June.

Phone number is 504-779-5021.

Our office email address is [email protected]

The web site will be opened on 10 June at the following links ...

www.autorotate.org
www.autorotate.com
www.autorotate.net

It has an area for employers where they can post jobs, receive resumes and a number of other things I believe many of them will want to take advantage of.

It has a public area.

In the members only area you can post resumes, compare employer info, view jobs, read industry news and more.

It also will have an international area where pilots from around the world can keep up with what is happening in their area.

Committees are being formed and as soon as the web site is launched we will start taking applications from those pilots who wish to work on these committees.

I met with ALPA reps in Norway and they have committed to helping us with a myriad of things. We will be meeting again with them in Washington to take advantage of their offer of skilled and expert help in the many areas we desperately need it.

There are so many things happening it is impossible to cover them all here. Eventually the PHPA web site will cover them all, and keep you up to date with what is happening across our profession.

Butch Grafton

paco
14th May 2002, 10:18
Suggest you mention this in Helicopter Operations on www.canadianaviation.com

Phil

HeloTeacher
14th May 2002, 13:04
Does the PHPA have the intention of being an international organization?

Butch
14th May 2002, 16:39
Yes, that is the ultimate goal. I met with pilots from a number of nations at the IFALPA Conference in Stavanger, Norway two weeks ago and they were very interested in forming worldwide affiliations.

Keep in mind however that this is no easy task and will take years to accomplish. It will also take the support of helicopter pilots everywhere to make it work.

What I am looking for when the web site is opened to the pilots is "Feedback" "Feedback" and more "Feedback". We can only become a strong effective organization if we receive input from the pilots and we act on that input. Consequently the success of PHPA will depend on how much input we receive from pilots everywhere.

So, on 10 June, go to the web site and let us know what you think of it, what you would like to see added or removed, what problems you feel need addressing in our industry around the world and of course, any areas you might like to volunteer to help in.

Butch Grafton
President
PHPA

George Semel
14th May 2002, 22:19
Butch, I would consider, joining as soon as the oganization is up an running. What will the dues be for individual pilots?

Butch
14th May 2002, 23:42
$45.00 for the first year.