PDA

View Full Version : DVD stuck

Send Clowns
13th May 2002, 23:03
The DVD of The Omen crashes both my and my girlfriend's computer DVD software, at the same point in chapter 7 - plays fine to then. The software and hardware is from different makes, so this is presumably general. The friend who lent me the DVD obviously has had no trouble on his stand-alone DVD player.

I have heard that some copy-protected CDs will not play on a computer, due to introduced errors that an ordinary CD player ignores. Am I encountering the DVD equivalent?

Home Signal
14th May 2002, 01:08
I have a simular problem, but the other way around.

I have a DVD of Die Hard which used to play perfectly in both the HiFi DVD player and the PC DVD.

Now it plays in the PC DVD ok, but in the HiFi DVD players gets to a certain point in the movie and the picture breaks in to large pixels, no sound.

I have given up on the disk, given it to a friend and it plays perfectly in his DVD player.

All my other DVD's play ok in both players.

It's probabily just a fault on the DVD or damage that stops it playing.

Had the same with a Pioneer CD player, certain disks would not play, turned out to be a slightly weak laser and the production of certain CD's. New CD player fixed all the problems, same cost as getting the old one fixed.

I think just have to live with these little challenges.

Regards

DaveT

Send Clowns
14th May 2002, 20:35
But my DVD is a brand-new Samsung 16-speed, should be decent enough. And AerBabe's is in a Toshiba laptop, using Power-DVD software, don't expect it to just freeze!