PDA

View Full Version : Menzies/Servisair/swissport EZY Contract

speedbird_481_papa
8th Jan 2014, 10:39
Further to a thread I replied here (http://www.pprune.org/flight-ground-ops-crewing-dispatch/519661-servisair-swissport-9.html#post8253117) I am starting a thread which will potentially affect Ground Handlers at a couple of airports where Menzies have recently lost the contract to handle easyJet, most notably at Bristol, where people affected can ask questions to which they are unsure about.

I do have a question. I had an interview yesterday to keep my current position I hold in Menzies for the exact equivalent position within Servisair. My question is if I am not successful with Servisair as there are not enough positions availabe, and I haven't personally received in writing that my contract with Menzies will be terminated at 2359 on the 21JAN14, could I still arrive for work with Menzies on the 22JAN14 because I still legally have a valid contract with them and expect to get paid by Menzies as like I said i still hold a valid contract because I haven't been told anything to the contrary?

Also if I don't become successful with my application, could I then take both Menzies and Servisair to an unfair dismal hearing? Even though Servisair is NOT acknowledging TUPE and Menzies have said only verbally that we will not have a job on the 22JAN at the advice of Menzies. Redundancy is apparently not an option, even though alternative employment has NOT been offered to us.

Thanks for your advice with this in advance all and I am sure that this will help others.

Kind Regards and good luck to all those who are and will be affected by this stressful period,

Speedbird

VictorCharlieTen
8th Jan 2014, 11:19
The answer is yes. - You could still turn up for work on the 22nd at Bristol in your Menzies uniform etc, etc however Servisair (and Easy Jet) would wonder why you have as their business will happen as planned and you would end up going home to contact the Citizens Advice or ACAS to ascertain your contract rights. . and wrongs. Menzies Aviation would simply state that they would ultimately have to make you redundant as they currently employ you and cannot as you say just legally breach that arrangement without some legal recompense. - A) How long have you worked for the company ?
- B) Have you spoken to H.O yet rather than just local Management at BRS ?

VictorCharlieTen
8th Jan 2014, 11:27
Regards the second part. - If your employer legally breaches your contract of employment you could take them to a hearing but an example of compensation would be. - Let's say you have been with Mz for 5years. - The statutory minimum redundancy is a week for every year. - Mz have lost the EZY contract to another company so in theory there is no more work for you. They hope the new company will TAKE YOU OVER. . - because it will save them paying out to you in the event your not. If your NOT taken on then I fore see either a payment from them to say goodbye or you have to contact H.R (Head Office) and will DEFINITELY tell them, take legal advice as your are definitely entitled AFTER 2 years to some sort of redundancy payment.

In my experience of working for this company (Menzies), the local Station Management level of legal employment knowledge is poor.

VictorCharlieTen
8th Jan 2014, 11:33
Redundancy is NOT an option ? ?. - Who said this to you and the staff at BRS ?. It's EMPLOYMENT "LAW". After 2 years your entitled to a statutory minimum of 1 weeks pay for every year of service.
See here - https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

Andy Boyd along with those running Menzies at the senior level NEED to be a bit more decent and honest with people. - Call him on 07733 174 543 and tell him his management at BRS don't seem to know employment law.

I can't wait to come face to face with this guy.

TOWTEAMBASE
8th Jan 2014, 12:00
Maybe you should have PM'ed the mobile instead of making it public!!!

VictorCharlieTen
9th Jan 2014, 11:10
Why ?, - Am I missing something here ?. His number IS public as it is very very easily found on the Menzies Aviation web-site. See hear Menzies Aviation - Management Board (http://www.menziesaviation.com/item/detail/p/7/id/52/ref/Andy-Boyd)

- In any event, if Menzies Aviation continue to treat their employees in the manner they do, you can be 100 percent sure Andy Boyd and his mobile telephone number will be the least of their worries.