PDA

View Full Version : concorde

essouira
13th May 2002, 20:58
I'm an old-time career flying instructor and one of the things I've always wanted to do is get a flight (as a passenger !) on concorde. Having waited with baited breath for the return to service, we have finally saved enough airmiles to do this. My question is this - Before september 11th, part of the whole concorde experience was getting to visit the flightdeck whoever you were. Has all that stopped now ? If so, is there any way of getting clearance from BA for an inflight visit ? I don't care how many forms or how much security hassle is involved. Does anyone know ?

Xenia
13th May 2002, 22:12
Essouira,
I don't work for BA, but I believe the rules are clear all over the world and with all airlines....
Maybe, you could ask to see the F/D on the ground after landing (while disembarking) It is to difficult during boarding and prior T/O
I know it's not the same feeling :( but those rules are not there to be broken.
Happy Landings

Patagonia
14th May 2002, 07:29
Doesn't do any harm to ask well before flight - Chris Moyles (Radio 1 presenter) was asked up to F/D with a couple of his entourage on his return from the States with Virgin last week.

essouira
15th May 2002, 20:14
Thanks for replies. Is there anyone out there who pilots concorde for BA and is reading this ? What do you think are the chances ? is there someone to whom we could write ?

Gaza
16th May 2002, 23:48
I was on Concorde in December and was told FD visit was not allowed. At one point the FD door was open (for ventilation I was told) and I asked if I could stand in the galley area to take a picture and was very firmly told by the Cabin Crew that it was not allowed. Spoiled the whole experience somewhat!

lekkerste
17th May 2002, 21:03
essouira, the rules on this cover all fleets within BA and is, unfortunately, a definite no. Hope you enjoy the flight regardless.

Nightstop
9th Jun 2002, 14:58
essouira, ask for a seat near the front and you might get a glimpse of the F/D. If no seats are available near the front I can recommend Row 11, it's faces the bulkhead displaying the MACH etc. , plenty of legroom too. Try not to be allocated a seat towards the back.....you won't get much of a view of Manhattan due to that huge delta wing! Enjoy the trip, it's well worth it!

essouira
9th Jun 2002, 16:39
Thanks Nightstop - that's useful. I'm early enough to be able to get near the front I hope. I've also written to BA to ask for a visit to the f/d while the a/c is on the deck. Fingers crossed.