PDA

View Full Version : EASA Licence, where shall one register?

C56XPilot
7th Jan 2014, 09:15
Dear community,
due to rather strict regulations (ZÜP, Flensburger Verkehrssünderkartei)
in Germany,
I plan on registering my CPL (IR) Licence abroad!

Austria seams to be rather pricey,
anybody with experience in this issue?

Skipping Classes
7th Jan 2014, 09:41
Netherlands is still fine, however countries like CZ/PL//HU are very cheap too.

Skyjob
7th Jan 2014, 10:15
Where (for which company) would you like to work and use your licence would be an obvious question to me.
For instance if you are attempting in future to apply for instance for a large Irish low cost, Ireland seems obvious, same would go for the Orange Brigade, Britain in that case... Plan ahead to save trouble later would be a good idea.

CaptainProp
10th Jan 2014, 18:00
It is my understanding that your license should be issued by the state where you are registered as a permanent resident. Having said that, most authorities seem to accept pilots having their license issued in the country where their employer has its AOC. That's my experience so far anyway......

EARSA
12th Jan 2014, 05:29
Ireland is supposed to be the better alternative, compared to the UK, but I do not have any experience dealing with them.

I do. The Irish are most helpful, and cost effective. Makes the UK CAA look incompetent.

They will even add ICAO type ratings that are current on to the IAA licence, albeit valid for original state of issue only, if provided with a CAE or FSI training records or the like.