PDA

View Full Version : Strange ways to hide from your partner.

SOPS
6th Jan 2014, 13:08
Personally speaking, I think I would have gone for a walk!

Olive oil used to grease up and free naked man hiding in washing machine - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-06/olive-oil-used-to-free-naked-man-hiding-in-washing-machine/5186922)

sitigeltfel
6th Jan 2014, 13:20
This is becoming silly...

Girl Stuck In Washing Machine Has Sticky Rescue (http://news.sky.com/story/1190050/girl-stuck-in-washing-machine-has-sticky-rescue)

SOPS
6th Jan 2014, 13:22
Is this some sort of new craze?

TWT
6th Jan 2014, 13:34
I think I'd go for the wardrobe,at least it's not plugged into an electrical socket.Having said that,as far as hiding in a domestic appliance goes you have to give them some points,they didn't try to hide in the oven or refrigerator.

Curious Pax
6th Jan 2014, 13:42
I was listening to a phone in the other day (Danny Baker on R5 I think), and he had a guy on who was keen to avoid the annual battle that was the taking down and boxing up of the Christmas decorations. To achieve this he had announced he was going out, had then driven to Tescos, left his car there, sneaked back into the house and gone up in the loft, pulling the ladder up behind him and closing the hatch. Armed with a radio and a flask he reckoned 2-3 hours before sneaking back out and returning in the car should achieve his aim.

I had a lot of sympathy with him, although this year was a lot easier in our house as Mrs CP decided we shouldn't have too much out as we were away over Christmas. Result was that in 2 hours it was all taken down and put away yesterday, which is a record for us. One year neither of us could face finishing the job, so everything got taken down and just left in the spare room until February when we finally decided that we better box it up and put it back in the loft.

racedo
6th Jan 2014, 14:02
So how many hid in the closet and later came out ...............

superq7
6th Jan 2014, 14:25
My wife bought a collapsible tree this year decos already on it just hang some fairy lights on it and it's done, it took about five minutes to take down and box up ready for next year, all I had to do was hold the ladder for her as she climbed into the loft.

BOAC
6th Jan 2014, 15:12
It would be tempting to switch it on...................

Sunnyjohn
6th Jan 2014, 16:51
Paul Simon - 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover + lyrics - YouTube

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the quay, Lee
And get yourself free

OFSO
6th Jan 2014, 18:21
Mrs OFSO dismantled our Christmas Tree and packed it in the box. Leaving me to take it out and repack it so the box could be closed. I took the lights down. And the wreath off the front door.

Now all we need is the gas man to come up and fix the central heating.

Are these events connected. Probably not......only 358 days to go to next Christmas.

Bigears
6th Jan 2014, 18:52
superq7

"...all I had to do was hold the ladder for her as she climbed into the loft"

Thanks for the picture in my head! :ok: Youtube (http://youtu.be/zhyCL-ELRxg)

ExSp33db1rd
6th Jan 2014, 21:07
Now all we need is the gas man to come up and fix the central heating.

'twas on a Monday morning that the Gas man came to call ............

( with apologies to Flanders and Swan )

Gertrude the Wombat
6th Jan 2014, 21:08
And the wreath off the front door.
What is this "wreath on the front door" thing? - not something I was brought up with, but I see them all over the place lately.

superq7
6th Jan 2014, 22:38
Bigears, very good :ok:

RJM
6th Jan 2014, 23:50
Gertie - common enough I would have thought. Usually holly or similar. Probably not so much a wreath as a crown of thorns... I've never really thought about it, but every year they come out, along with the trees.

onetrack
7th Jan 2014, 02:15
I always thought it was more fun to play "hide the sausage", than play "hide and seek"?? :)

Perhaps this couple decided that "hide and seek" made a good precursor game, to "hide the sausage"?? :confused:

A mate always reckoned his favorite game with his girl was the one she called, "catch me, f**k me"! :)

Somehow, I think this bloke in the news article got the game the wrong way around. :confused:

SOPS
7th Jan 2014, 14:33
It seems that hiding naked in a washing machine, being smothered in olive oil and the sliding out, is like experiencing birth again.....

Man who became trapped naked in washing machine says olive oil rescue was 'like a birth' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-07/man-says-naked-washing-machine-rescue-like-a-birth/5189586)

rgbrock1
7th Jan 2014, 14:38
If I need to escape from the Mrs. I usually find a good tree to hide in.
And since we live in a veritable forest, finding my tree hide is cumbersome for her, to say the least.

superq7
7th Jan 2014, 15:42
Talking of a fetish, I've never been the same since being in the classroom at school I was aged about fifteen at the time, anyway we had a student teacher who reached up high to rub something off the blackboard revealing the tops of her stockings and a hint of suspender belt, I can recall the image even now.

cockney steve
7th Jan 2014, 16:09
perhaps, with a new car on the driveway, she said,"You go for a spin, dear, whilst I pack the decorations."

goudie
7th Jan 2014, 16:15
I can recall the image even now.
But probably, not with the same result!:{

Krystal n chips
7th Jan 2014, 16:36
" If I need to escape from the Mrs. I usually find a good tree to hide in.

That's perfectly understandable......those anthropoid Primate urges do come to the fore after all......presumably after not repelling them, you rappelle back to the ground ?.....you do have some expertise in this area do you not?

How's the snow vortex treating you by the way ? :cool:

Sunnyjohn
7th Jan 2014, 17:08
The wreath:
The origins of the Advent wreath are found in the folk practices of the pre-Christian Germanic peoples who, during the cold December darkness of Eastern Europe, gathered wreaths of evergreen and lighted fires as signs of hope in a coming spring and renewed light. Christians kept these popular traditions alive, and by the 16th century Catholics and Protestants throughout Germany used these symbols to celebrate their Advent hope in Christ, the everlasting Light. From Germany the use of the Advent wreath spread to other parts of the Christian world.

rgbrock1
7th Jan 2014, 17:24
Sunnyjohn,

Thank you for enlightening us as to the origins of the Christmas wreath, Germanic paganism and all the other tidbits you wrote.

However, what does all of this have to do with strange ways of hiding from ones' partner? just curious.

K&C:

One rappels down from an object and not up to it. This is better known as descending. One does not rappel up an object as in ascending. Thus, I can certainly rappel from a tree. (Not that i would want to nor would I see the point. However, there was that time during that jump long ago when the drop zone escaped us all and we.... oh never mind.)

I feel no polar vortex, nor do I feel or hear the 45mph polar vortex winds in their attempt to suck everything up in its' cold calculating path, wisking the lot of us to the North Pole. (But first through Canada: the source of all miserable/cold weather.)

it's a balmy -26C currently. (With the wind chill/polar vortex factor.)

Hey, Dushan and all you other Canuckistanians: i hope y'all freeze your nuts off.

Krystal n chips
7th Jan 2014, 17:41
" One rappels down from an object and not up to it. This is better known as descending. One does not rappel up an object as in ascending. Thus, I can certainly rappel from a tree. (Not that i would want to nor would I see the point. "

I think I may take up fly fishing.....

Loose rivets
7th Jan 2014, 17:51
'excuse me,' said the little man in a flat hat, 'what if time was running backwards . . . didn't think of that, did you?'

angels
7th Jan 2014, 18:57
curious - had then driven to Tescos, left his car there, sneaked back into the house and gone up in the loft,

Have a look at the car parking thread and you'll see the guy will probably get a parking ticket for overstaying his welcome in the car park! Generally you're allowed two hours. :eek:

ChrisVJ
7th Jan 2014, 19:40
Shut her in the closet. She can't find you then.

rgbrock1
7th Jan 2014, 19:45
Shut her in the closet. She can't find you then.

This is partly true. Although she won't be able to find your behind closed doors, so to speak, her mouth will. :} (Unless, of course, one gags her before shutting her in the closet.) :ok:

rgbrock1
7th Jan 2014, 19:53
Caco:

I think you got my premise all wrong. I didn't say gag her before throwing her onto the bed. I said gag her before throwing her bound and gagged into the closet. Wouldn't want any gagging going on in bed. Well, not of the cloth-inspired type anyway. :}

Hydromet
7th Jan 2014, 20:51
Should I need to hide from the bride, I would simply go into the kitchen.:rolleyes:

Blacksheep
7th Jan 2014, 22:50
We've solved the problem. After the kids grew up and left, we just don't put them up any more. :ok:

G-CPTN
7th Jan 2014, 23:30
We've solved the problem. After the kids grew up and left, we just don't put them up any more. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
Did you move house and not tell them?

Worrals in the wilds
8th Jan 2014, 08:53
He needs a shed.
Did you move house and not tell them? A male journo who writes for the local paper found a better method; he started getting around the house wearing a sarong. He reckoned that his teenage kids instantly stopped inviting their friends around, halving his household food and alcohol bill overnight :E.