PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid impact...and we live to tell the tale

eastern wiseguy
4th Jan 2014, 15:14
I wonder if any other JB'ers picked up on this?

Was anyone in the area?

Small Asteroid 2014 AA Hits Earth - News from Sky & Telescope - SkyandTelescope.com (http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/Small-Asteroid-2014-AA-Hits-Earth-238481431.html)

airship
4th Jan 2014, 15:50
Perhaps, He took pity on the parts of His Kingdom which could not witness the World's Greatest-Ever Fireworks Display" in Dubai U.A.E. the same night?

World largest fireworks display in UAE Dubai ! - YouTube

And 2014 AA was merely "His way" of bringing in the New Year, sharing it with all the creatures which swim in the seas there?! Presumably all the watch-keepers on ocean-going ships were "asleep on watch" in that part of the ocean, as usual. Anyone else, whether at sea or on land at the time probably couldn't get their mobile phones out to capture the scene in time, or at least had no connections or mobile phones (especially the dolphins and sperm whales who really appreciated it all, I like to think...?!) :ok:

PS. "They" would never give us any advance warning of any truly serious asteroid impacts... :(

Juliet Sierra Papa
4th Jan 2014, 21:00
Asteroid impact...and we live to te..........

It will happen one day and maybe the lucky ones will not even see, hear or feel it. :ooh:

tony draper
4th Jan 2014, 21:27
No,the thing that will do for us all will be many times smaller than a pin head,
We are to go with a whimper not a bang.
:E

arcniz
4th Jan 2014, 21:54
the thing that will do for us all will be many times smaller than a pin head
There ya go again... being all cryptic & wot?

Agree, tho. List of possibles is bigger than the possibles themselves.

Juliet Sierra Papa
4th Jan 2014, 22:36

I think the Guv means Bacteria/virus or on the other hand summat as small as an atom !!

arcniz
5th Jan 2014, 01:55
Quote:

I think the Guv means Bacteria/virus or on the other hand summat as small as an atom !!

Na, nieman of right mind, or left, even, would suggest that in public view, however obvious.

Loose rivets
5th Jan 2014, 02:08
Quick, someone look! Is the FSL a descendant of Mother Shipton? She knew a thing or two.

e.g. The bear and the eagle will unite to defeat the yellow peril. Looks like that's going to come true, so a tiny thing bringing the world to an end isn't that farfetched. :uhoh:

arcniz
5th Jan 2014, 02:29
e.g. The bear and the eagle will unite to defeat the yellow peril. Looks like that's going to come true, so a tiny thing bringing the world to an end isn't that farfetched.

Na. Let's get all 3 on the same boat then just stall Armageddon until nobody cares... and/or nessuno is able to assert superiority past the first milliseconds.

One expects the prize goes to cultures with the nicest(&smartest) broads and the best cooking... from which all else follows one way or t'other. Commerce, economics, technology, etc, are just an overlay on that. Life, too.