PDA

View Full Version : Boy looking out window story

neoflyer
2nd Jan 2014, 23:50
I recently saw a piece on the internet that told the story of little Johnnie. His teacher caught him staring out the window and told him he'd never find a job looking out the window when he grew up. Just below that was a picture of a cockpit and windows looking over the shoulders of two pilots. The caption was something like "Guess Johnnie showed Mrs. Crabapple".

I am trying to locate a copy of that web post. Google searches are getting me nowhere. Can anyone help?

Thanks

WaspJunior
3rd Jan 2014, 15:23
Similar to this one? Teachers Aren't Always Right - Cheezburger (http://cheezburger.com/7672459008)

neoflyer
3rd Jan 2014, 16:20
Exactly.

Thanks so much

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Jan 2014, 17:23
Brilliant!

Talkdownman
3rd Jan 2014, 18:40
Headmaster - 'Why are you gazing out the window'.
Me - 'Looking at an aircraft, Sir…'
Headmaster - 'You are not going to get anywhere gazing out the window at aircraft'
Report - 'Distraction and the love of it renders this pupil impossible to educate'.
Me - ATCO for 47 years, and counting. It's paid the mortgage and raised three U/Ts...

John Eacott
3rd Jan 2014, 18:52
Report comment from Spanish teacher: "if aircraft had Spanish verbs painted on the side, then John would become fluent"

Now into my 49th year of licenced flying and never needed to know anything about speaking Spanish :p

ShyTorque
3rd Jan 2014, 20:03
Similar to this one? Teachers Aren't Always Right - Cheezburger

She was wrong about the growing up, too! :E

Wander00
3rd Jan 2014, 21:15
There was always the boy who told his dad that when he grew up he wanted to be a fighter pilot. "Well make your mind up" said his Dad....hat, coat............