PDA

View Full Version : Crash the Airline Captain

OFSO
31st Dec 2013, 12:27
I'm meeting tonight at the New Year's Eve party a stranger to me - friends tell me he is an airline captain whose nickname is "Crash". Does this ring a bell with any posters on JB ? Or is "Crash" himself perhaps a JB-er ?

Rossian
31st Dec 2013, 13:15
.....I had a squadron boss called "Crash", not for a displayed ability to collide with solid objects but as a distortion of his first name. But if your "new" guest is less than late '70s I doubt if he's your man.

The Ancient Mariner

Solid Rust Twotter
31st Dec 2013, 19:10
Square chiseled jaw? Steely grey eyes gazing at distant horizons?

Nope. Never heard of him....

Dushan
31st Dec 2013, 19:16
I can just hear it now:

"Ladies and gentlemen this your first officer Landing speaking. On behalf of captain Crash and the entire crew we wish you a pleasant flight".

Rossian
31st Dec 2013, 19:44
......OFSO - don't forget to brief us on the encounter tomorrow sometime. One is agog spending for the first time in my 72 years Hogmanay at home on our own! Boo Hoo - where are the riotous evenings in the mess of yesteryear?

The Ancient Mariner

ExSp33db1rd
31st Dec 2013, 20:15
Square chiseled jaw? Steely grey eyes gazing at distant horizons?

Plus ........ straight black hair, curly white teeth

( Apologies to Shelley Berman )

OFSO
31st Dec 2013, 21:00
Details: because of his eccentricity and his wife's behaviour and rudeness we left long before midnight. I won't say more.

SpringHeeledJack
31st Dec 2013, 21:19
Perhaps the 'crash' moniker refers to his social skills, no CRM outside the cockpit ? Or he is a ppruner and took umbrage to your thread :suspect: Happy New Year all :ok:

SHJ

Nervous SLF
31st Dec 2013, 21:44
Details: because of his eccentricity and his wife's behaviour and rudeness we left long before midnight. I won't say more.

There are such things as PMs ;);)

treadigraph
31st Dec 2013, 21:47
"There are such things as PMs"

Or Limericks...

Hydromet
31st Dec 2013, 22:03
One is intrigued. An explanation in limerick form is expected.

Once knew a helicopter pilot who was nicknamed 'Captain Careless' - a distortion of his surname. In fact, he was quite the opposite.
Not sure if he's a PPRuNer, but I've seen him mentioned by others here.

OFSO
1st Jan 2014, 07:45
I see the gentleman claiming to have been a Squadron Leader in the 1970's received a commission to Flight Lieutenant in October 1978 (Supplement to the London Gazette, 28th November 1978).

Worrals in the wilds
1st Jan 2014, 08:11
There was a local air traffic controller universally known as Ramjet :eek:. In fairness, his first name was Roger. :}
Details: because of his eccentricity and his wife's behaviour and rudeness we left long before midnight. I won't say more. Every NYE party seems to have at least one couple like that :ugh::suspect:.