PDA

View Full Version : Female Marine Infantrypersons Fitting Right In

SASless
30th Dec 2013, 15:00
My concerns that Women Marines would not be able to cut it as Infantry seem to be premature. Initial Reports show a quick assimilation is possible.

Marine Infantrywoman Checks Into Unit, Buys Ford Mustang At 46% Interest (http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/12/female-marine-infantry/)

Sun Who
30th Dec 2013, 15:54
SAS, do you own shares in Duffleblog or something?;)

Sun.

Just This Once...
30th Dec 2013, 16:03
Why are you posting this stuff on the Mil Aircrew forum rather than Jet Blast??

Pontius Navigator
30th Dec 2013, 17:19
I thought that was done years ago.

glad rag
30th Dec 2013, 17:21
The NSA ones right up his street.......just saying..

Pontius Navigator
30th Dec 2013, 17:23
Anyway, I would have thought she slotted right in rather than just checks in.

chinook240
30th Dec 2013, 17:36
Surely this is a more appropriate site
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?57-Marine-Corps-Forum

Turbine D
30th Dec 2013, 20:03
Duffleblog must be someone's idea of a military version of the Onion…;)

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Dec 2013, 20:55
Why are you posting this stuff on the Mil Aircrew forum rather than Jet Blast??

Always nice to see a successful sense of humour bypass.:}

rgbrock1
30th Dec 2013, 21:30
lone ranger:

You don't know much about the U.S. Marines, do you? :}

Matari
30th Dec 2013, 21:59
The only guy who can get better than 46% interest rate on an old Mustang is RGBrock, but he thinks the higher the number, the better. After all, he's a Ranger.:E

SASless
30th Dec 2013, 22:18
I so pity those with no sense of humor.....theirs must be a very sad life indeed!

If the criteria is Air Crew only at the other forum here.....then I sure hope that rule is strictly enforced and every Thread is required to substantiate the nexus. I suppose I mistakenly assumed even RAF Aircrew would appreciate Military humor.

I guess I was quite wrong in thinking a good laugh would be appreciated.

Anyone that has served in any military should be able to see the brilliance in the account.....particularly when it talks about "Chew", Car Loans, falling in love with Bar Flies, and DUI violations......but what the hell....who am I to think that anyway.

We always have the few who think Aircrew is just an extension of some Officers Mess associated with long closed bases.

Matari
30th Dec 2013, 22:56
What I find funny is how satiric articles from "The Onion" and similar websites cause certain residents of a certain small island to express their full indignation....while these same residents cannot WAIT to explain how they "get irony" while others don't.

That, in itself, is ironic, innit?

Matari
30th Dec 2013, 23:28
I think rgbrock would tell you there's only one "Ranger."

Don't you have a kid's birthday party somewhere to go spoil?

Saltie
31st Dec 2013, 00:38
Loved the article, which brought back some fond memories (mammaries?), but what really amused me were some of the comments that followed it, which suggested there are some people out there who took the article at face value. Are there really people out there who have had a total irony bypass?

We had a WRAAF sergeant back in my days who'd have slipped into the Marines (in every possible way :) ) with nary a ripple. Her voice was about six octaves lower than our (male) WOD's.