PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Flow Data for SAAB 340A

arb65912
28th Dec 2013, 16:08
Could anybody help me to find the data for SAAB 340A Fuel Flow in lb?

Taxi Fuel/min

APU Fuel/hr

Climb Fuel/hr

Desc Fuel/hr

Cruise Fuel/hr

Static Reserve

Thank you.

latetonite
31st Dec 2013, 17:51
Apu fuel flow available online.

booze
31st Dec 2013, 18:53
Hiya,

Typical taxi fuel flow is around 5 kgs per minute.

The SF34 doesn't have an APU. Does have a prop brake installed on the right engine though which i have never operated nor seen to be operated by others. All the SF34s i've flown had an INOP placard across the switch which was usually also safety wired.

Rough climb and cruise fuel planning can be done according to the following: 500kgs per hour (due to take off and climb) for the 1st hour then 400kgs per hour.

Typical fuel flow for the descent is 200-250kgs per hour.

Again, these are rough figures based on my experience. Accurate fuel planning should be done according to the latest AFM/AOM, weight, cruising level, temperature and wind figures, etc. of course...

I'm not sure what do you mean by static reserve...

latetonite
31st Dec 2013, 19:03
Hi boose. I used to fly the SF340B, in the early 90 ties.
We used the prop brake regularely. Worked perfect!
Just had to be careful at release, could be very dangerous unwatched.

booze
1st Jan 2014, 16:32
Hiya,

None of the EU operators i know of are using the prop brake anymore. Most of them are disconnected. Should be a financial reason behind it: maintenance costs, GPU vs fuel costs, etc. On the other hand all the ATRs i see around are making use of a similar system, they have.

Would be nice to know the real reasons behind it. No one could provide me a proper answer on it so far, just wild guessing like the above.

Cheers

latetonite
1st Jan 2014, 17:24
Maybe scares the people around when the thing releases.

Dufo
2nd Jan 2014, 10:01
If it helps, I can send you AFM excerpts with all the values you need (nothing confidential).

captainng
2nd Jan 2014, 11:28
flown both types
at shutdown with no ground power you can shut down the saab and the internal cabin lights are still on so it doesnt go black inside.
the atr loses all but the emergency interior lights so it needs ground power/propbrake apu or else all the pax sit there in the dark!!

still love the saab!!! much nicer to fly

arb65912
3rd Jan 2014, 14:54
@latetonite: if U knew where to find the data online, I would not ask here. :)

@booze: Thank you very much, I had a gut feeling that there will be some friendly responses here.
I am using this data for the X-plane flight simulator, I am trying to fly Saab 340A just like in real life and for the purposes of fuel planning, I needed that data.

Very interesting about the prop brake.

Thank you very much.:ok:

@Dufo: sure, please send me AFM excerpts with all the values. It would be great.

booze
3rd Jan 2014, 16:24
Hiya,

No worries. Check out smartcockpit.com for some stuff on the SF34, also this site will help a lot: https://sites.google.com/site/sf340com/

Otherwise feel free to PM me your email, i can send you some stuff, too.

arb65912
5th Jan 2014, 14:24
Hi Booze,

Thank you VERY much for your help.

I am waiting for update of the plane now and since I get it, I will PM you.

Saab 340A is really my favorite plane in simulator now, so detailed and realistic.