PDA

View Full Version : Virgin VS034

kcain
27th Dec 2013, 17:20
On the flight from Antigua to LGW on 26/12/2013, I was surprised to see a member of the cabin crew (in uniform) commandeer 4 empty seats and sleep all the way the back to UK straight after take off - stretched out across the four seats. Is this usual on Virgin? I know that longer flights have rest areas for cabin crew, but this is the first time I have seen this though I am a frequent long hail traveller.

TOWTEAMBASE
27th Dec 2013, 18:07
Maybe dead heading ?

PAXboy
27th Dec 2013, 18:21
Yes, it is unusual and the possible reason is: http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/530652-virgin-atlantic-vs98-damaged-landing-christmas-eve-flash-flood-st-lucia.html

Could be that it was a member of that crew, who had given up their spare time to help the pax from their flight. They would then be out of their usual work/rest cycle and with the hotels all booked for Xmas the only way to get home. If no seats in the front of the plance, then that was the best option. I sit to be corrected.

bedsted
27th Dec 2013, 21:39
I agree with TOWTEAMBASE: dead heading. My boss did the same thing after line checking me on a transatlantic flight. Nothing wrong in that at all IMHO, just keen workers.

Capt Scribble
27th Dec 2013, 21:47
Or unwell and not fit for duty but in excess of the min crew requirements.