PDA

View Full Version : Alcatel Modem Problem Solved

FJJP
13th May 2002, 09:04
It has taken me 18 days to get onto the BT Broadband. Thanks to those of you who gave advice. Once a line problem was cleared, I still couldn't get a connection; suspecting the KT133 chipset, I had a PCI-USB card installed. I got the machine back this morning and bingo! first time connected and stays connected. Difference in speed is amazing.

Thanks again guys - now to battle with complaints/customer service! (They should have known about the KT133 problem)...

FJJP

BRL
14th May 2002, 12:39
Glad to see its sorted out at last, excellent stuff. Its really amazing the speed of it. What i done a few days ago was plugged my old modem back in and used bt surftime( i have that running for a few weeks just to have as a backup if it all goes wrong-so far so good.) for the day. It is amazing how slow it is. You should try that, it really shows you how quick broadband is. Good luck with the support people...... :) Let us know how you get on.

FJJP
14th May 2002, 18:46
BR'L' - thanks for the support. I've also got my internal modem still pugged in to BT 'Pay-as-you-go' as a backup. You're right - the difference IS staggering, and makes surfing a real pleasure!

Regards, FJJP