PDA

View Full Version : West Air Sweden

JA1
13th May 2002, 08:15
I have heard that West Air Sweden are planning on opening up a new operation in Luxembourg using more ATP freighter variants. I understand that this is in anticipation of being awarded a contract for the Spanish Mail.

Has this contract been awarded yet and if so, how many aircraft and crews will they be taking on to serve this contract?

Honest Fr@nk
13th May 2002, 19:04
Crews have already been interviewed 2 months ago in anticipation for this. Same story -all have type ratings.

Johnny F@rt Pants
18th May 2002, 21:38
West Air Lux is still waiting to be granted an AOC by the Lux authorities, once this is sorted then it will be an independent sister company to West Air Sweden with contracts all over Europe, not only the Spanish Mail.

There are already crews employed by West Air Lux, they are currently operating for West Air Sweden on contract from West Air Lux, however if things go according to the current plan more crews will be required.

With reference to the Spanish Mail contract as far as I know that has been awarded to Spanair for the timebeing although I think it's only a short term contract and will be "up for grabs" again soon. It was for 5 aircraft and I think 15 crew, in various bases including Malaga, Barcelona, Santiago, Valencia and one more that I can't remember.

Hope this info helps.