PDA

View Full Version : WPC Indian RTR A Exam Schedule 2014

cyrilroy21
23rd Dec 2013, 15:00
The WPC has published the RTR license exam schedule for the year 2014

Here is the official link
http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/docfiles/RTR(A)ExamSchedulefortheYear2014.pdf

If for some reason the above link does not work I have uploaded another copy here

http://www.scribd.com/doc/193283226/WPC-RTR-a-Exam-Schedule-Year-2014

Some Important tips

1. While the exam dates are tentative the last dates for online filing and sending hard copy are strictly adhered to unless mentioned explicitly on the WPC website
After online filing the hard copy has to reach within the 7 days . So please make sure prior to applying online you have all the documentation ready

2. For the Hyderabad attempt 2013 the WPC after applying online told candidates that the last day for hard copy was 23rd of december instead of 22nd November . This was a huge error on their part which resulted in a large number of candidates being rejected
***BE CAREFUL***
Irrespective of what they say the hard copy should reach within 7 days after applying online

3. DD should be taken from SBI bank only

4.. Apply for the next attempt before the results of the current attempt is published . Otherwise you might unnecessarily miss the next attempt .

5.. Dont waste time till the last day to apply online or for printing the admit card . Quite often the website has been reported to be not working the day before the exam or before the last date to apply

Last year's thread contains a wealth of information and answers to most questions can be found here
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/504467-wpc-indian-rtr-exam-schedule-2013-a.html

So prior to asking questions please the read the above thread

i recommend all Indian pilots to get the RTR A license after passing part 1 and part 2 with lifetime validity because once you have to have it then you can forget about it till the day you retire
RTR P and C renewals can be a pain depending upon the country of foreign RT /CPL

puneet84
27th Dec 2013, 08:36
Thanks a lot cyril. Really appreciate your time and effort on this forum regarding RTR

nikz87
15th Jan 2014, 01:43
Hello Cyril,
I have RTR (C) its expiring next year. I have given Part 1 exam in 2008. My Foreign RT is expiring next year. I have 30hrs in last 3yrs. I have few questions
1)Can I renew it for life time?
2)Do i have to give any exam?
3)Do i have to get RTR(A)?
Would appreciate if you tell me about the best option possible, apart from renewal of foreign licence
Thanks

cyrilroy21
5th Feb 2014, 09:44
@nikz87

Sorry for the late reply . I seem to have missed it

Anyway in order to renew the RTR C your foreign RT has to be valid . You can use the 30 hours to skip the part 1 exam
Your new RTR C license will be valid till the validity of the renewed foreign RT

1. RTR C licenses cannot be renewed for life . Max validity will be 20 years

2. Since you have 30 hours in the last 3 years you can skip the exam ( but your foreign RT has to be renewed )

3. Its not compulsory to get an RTR A license
But I strongly suggest you do after taking the necessary coaching . That way you can get an RT license valid for life and never have to worry about visiting the WPC ever again in your life . You can also let your foreign RT lapse as well

cyrilroy21
11th Feb 2014, 12:58
The admit card for the Mumbai attempt is out now

Please save the admit card at the earliest
At times it has been reported that the WPC website not to be working the day before the exam

So save a copy of it now and all the best :ok:

clearblueskyy
17th Feb 2014, 06:29
hello all ,

Can a particular candidates exam date be shifted to an earlier/later date due to legit reasons ? Does the WPC have a provision for that ?

Thanks,
CBS

cyrilroy21
3rd Mar 2014, 14:44
The application window for the New Delhi RT attempt is now open

The last date to apply online is 14th of March and last date for them to receive the hard copy is 21st March

Please dont wait till the last date to apply online as the WPC website can be quite un reliable at times

Same way please send them the hard copy at the earliest irrespective of what it might say on the application Confirmation form ( in the hyderabad attempt they said 23 December instead of 22 November as published originally )

The WPC adheres to the original schedule they publish when it comes to last dates
Only the exam dates are tentative

jainagda
11th Mar 2014, 03:44
I wanted to know who takes RT classes in hyderabad, or anyone from hyderabad who could share the latest RT notes and mock question paper also would be a help.

sumittomar
17th Mar 2014, 18:23
Guys have a question.To renew RTR (P) you need to have 30hrs of experience in past 3yrs in aeromobile service or is it 3 months in last 3yrs .plz clarify this with a link of wpc where it is written and any format of application to show this experince .NOTE: I am not talking about 30hrs of flying experience

cyrilroy21
18th Mar 2014, 16:02
Congrats to all those that passed in the RTR Mumbai attempt

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/RTR_Feb_%202014.pdf

T.Kevin
3rd Apr 2014, 08:28
Thanks a lot for the information Cyril.

colind29
24th Apr 2014, 08:32
Hi Cyril.

Thank you for your detailed explanation in all your posts. I have a question of my own though. I hope you can help me out here.

I have an RTR (A) licence which expired this March and I was unable to give the exams as I am working elsewhere at the moment and I wish to renew my licence. Would you be able to tell me if there is any time frame to give the renewal exam? Also, is the renewal exam compulsory and lastly, how can I make it lifetime?

I appreciate your help

Thanks!

cyrilroy21
7th May 2014, 19:08
@colind29

Apologies for the late reply

If you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 3 years (I keep hearing that within 5 years is allowed as well ) then you can renew directly by paying the 10,000 rupees DD and you will get renewed for lifetime

OR

If you dont meet the flying experience requirements then you need to pass
part 1 ( only ) again .You can then renew it for lifetime by paying the 10,000 rupees DD

I am not sure for how long after expiry will they accept either one of the 2 requirements given above but someone once mentioned to me that its 2 years
You can clear that up if you can visit the nearest WPC office

You also have to pay a late fee in addition to the 10,000 rupees which is 2% of the DD fee for every month . So for 10,000 rupees that amounts to 200 rupees per month after expiry

RTR A license can only be renewed from the same RLO that issued the original license

cyrilroy21
7th May 2014, 19:11
The application window for the Chennai attempt is now open . Last date to apply online is 16th May 2014 and last date for hard copy to reach them is 23rd May 2014

As usual please dont wait till the last date to apply online because the WPC website is not very reliable

cyrilroy21
15th May 2014, 16:08
Congrats to all those that passed the Delhi attempt

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/Docfiles/doc20140514033925.pdf

K.O.
28th Jun 2014, 16:34
Hey Cyril,

Need some clarification. I'm about 90% sure i passed part two in chennai (24th June)...just need to wait until the results are out to confirm. Wanted to know what other docs apart from the Annex 1A i need to submit to get my RTR. Do i need to give them a copy of the result list (my name highlighted), admit card, birth certs etc? Hows the job hunt going btw? Any luck with Jet?

hope to hear from you soon,

K.O.

cyrilroy21
29th Jun 2014, 06:01
I am going to write a checklist here which everyone can use to apply for the RTR A license ( initial issue )

1. Annex 1 A - It would nice if you type it up and take a printout instead of filling in pen ( dont forget to tick lifetime validity )

2. Printout of the result page and highlight your name

3. DD of 10,000 rupees from SBI (only) taken in the name of the same WPC office you passed the RTR A exam . On the back of the DD write you name , date of birth , exam roll number , month , year and city in which you gave the attempt

4. Gazetted officer attested date of birth certificate
or
Gazetted office attested copy of 10th Marksheet showing name and date of birth is also acceptable

5. Every result page has an UNDERTAKING . Sign the 1st option if you dont hold an RTR P
If you hold an RTR P then sign the second option and surrender the RTR P as well

6. Two photographs ( a third to be stuck on Annex 1 A ) with your name imprinted under the photograph ( a photo studio can do this for you )
Put them in small envelope and mark photographs

7. Self Addressed and Stamped Envelope . Use Rs 100/- (50 is too small an amount these days ) worth of stamps
On the envelop write FROM address as that of the WPC office
And TO address as your address

Under the Stamps write - " PLEASE SEND BY SPEED POST " or " PLEASE SEND BY REGISTERED POST "

That way the post office will ensure its send by that particular service . I believe they have a rule that if you write REGISTERED anywhere on the envelope then they have to send it by registered post

Use a good quality envelope preferably the courier type

8. And lastly write a nice a neat cover letter addressed to the Assistant wireless advisor ( and the rest of the address given in the result page ) requesting to issue the WPC RTR A license at the earliest
Mention the list of documents / attachments you are sending as part of your application

P.S : If you are submitting in person then take a copy of the signed cover letter and get a RECEIVED stamp as proof of submission

If you are sending by post/courier please send by SPEED POST or REGISTERED POST of India Post . You can track the application online on their website and keep the SLIP safe . Once it shows on the website that it has been delivered , take a screen shot or printout of the same .
Keep the slip and this printout as proof of delivery until the day you actually receive the RTR A license in hand
Please dont use private courier services when dealing with govt offices

K.O.
30th Jun 2014, 05:17
I knew you'd have the answer! Thanks a lot. I'll get right on that :ok:

Ameya_007
30th Jun 2014, 06:16
i want apply for RTR(A) exam this kolkata.
according to the list displayed last date of online submission is 18 july, but while applying for online date has passed mesg displays. please advice.
also i want to book my railway tickets for kolkata. so anybody please post the exam center address, where exam for kolkata generally held. and also the confirmed date of the exam.

thank you
regards,
Ameya

cyrilroy21
30th Jun 2014, 07:59
@Ameya

Just like the DGCA the application for the RTR exam can only be applied for within a particular application window period
The application window for the Kolkota attempt is not yet open . Application windows usually open 2 weeks before the last date . So I am guessing since the last date to apply online is 18th July the application window should open by the 1st week of July

The only way to know when it opens is to visit their website every day

The address for the Kolkota exam is the same place where you send the hard copy . Its given in the original schedule for the exam a link of which is given in the first post of this thread

You are going to face some difficulty in booking railway tickets . Nobody knows what the confirmed dates are for the exam and everyone receives different dates
Sometimes they only release the admit cards a few days before the exam starts
The tentative date for Kolkota attempt as per the schedule is 25th August but you will only know the exact date allotted to you when you get the admit card

Ameya_007
30th Jun 2014, 08:38
Thanks Cyril
Worth Reply:D

Ameya_007
3rd Jul 2014, 03:25
Hi friends;
Would anybody please tell me the text books and ref books to crack rt(aero) exam
Also is there any coaching classes available for rt exam in mumbai

Regards
Ameya

cyrilroy21
3rd Jul 2014, 10:44
The application window of the Kolkota attempt is now open
Last date to apply online is 18th June

Please dont wait till the last date to apply especially now that the WPC has new website there bound to be confusions and certain links might not work

Home Page:Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing, Government of India (http://www.wpc.gov.in/index.aspx)

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/rtr/default.aspx

VT-ASB
10th Jul 2014, 06:40
the COP-1 form says that the DD should be in favour of ''PAO (HQ), DOT''
whereas the online instructions state that it should be in favour of ''Communication account officer'' of the RLO.

a clarification would be greatly appreciated !

cyrilroy21
10th Jul 2014, 11:22
The COP -1 form is a few years and old and hasnt been updated since

So follow the whats given in the schedule for 2014 i.e Communications and Accounts etc of the specific RLO

cyrilroy21
13th Jul 2014, 18:19
Congrats to all those candidates that passed the Chennai attempt

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/RTR%20(A)%20Resut%20of%20Exam%20held%20at%20Chennai%20Center %20in%20June.%202014.pdf

concordee
27th Jul 2014, 20:33
hey there guys i am preparin for kolkata RTR exam . I am confused regarding this term VICTOR CONTROL AND WHEN TO CONTACT THEM. Searched on the net but not able to find much info.. If there are any link to the detailed description of the topic post them too . It would be much appreciated.. Thank you.

gurukr
20th Aug 2014, 05:17
Hi Friends,
I cleared my RTR(A) in the chennai attempt couple of months back and i applied for the license sending the demand draft and other documents. do anyone have any idea how long will it take for me to get the license??

Thanks in advance..

Shubhi
27th Aug 2014, 12:04
I am not able to get in touch with Chennai RLO on 044-24960172. When contacting this number, it says that the number is temporarily out of service. Anyone has an alternate contact number.

gurukr
28th Aug 2014, 02:43
Try this..
044-2496 2070

cyrilroy21
1st Sep 2014, 14:32
The application window for the Delhi attempt is now open

Last date to apply online is 12th September and the last date for the hard copy to reach delhi is 19th September

Please dont wait till the last date to apply online and send the hard copy immediately after applying

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/rtr/default.aspx

cyrilroy21
8th Sep 2014, 18:23
This updated checklist from the WPC for issue / renewal of various licenses should clear a lot of doubts

http://wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/file/doc20140807011519.pdf

virus90
9th Sep 2014, 05:18
Better Late than Never....
This updated checklist will for sure clear all doubts...
Good job WPC...

Ameya_007
18th Sep 2014, 04:18
Kolkata attempt result announced
I am passed:cool::ok:

cyrilroy21
18th Sep 2014, 11:22
@Ameya_007

Congrats :D

For everyone else here is the link for the Kolkota exam

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/Result%20of%20RTR%20Exam%20held%20at%20Kolkata%20in%20Aug-2014%20.pdf

cyrilroy21
14th Nov 2014, 15:34
Congrats to all those that passed the Delhi Oct 2014 attempt

http://www.wpc.gov.in/WriteReadData/Orders/Result%20of%20RTR%20Exam%20held%20at%20Delhi%20in%20Oct-2014.pdf

soulreaver4
10th Dec 2014, 04:33
When will they release the schedule for next years RTR exams? I'm looking to get mine renewed. Don't want to miss that application deadline!

Appreciate the help.

Aamir.c
29th Jun 2015, 05:19
Hello All,

I have Canadian cpl and rt valid til 1/11/2015, even my RTR A has validity till 1/11/2015,where as my frtol is valid till 2/3/2016, so do i have to appear for full rt exam or just part 1 .

Thanks

cyrilroy21
29th Jun 2015, 15:53
@ Aamir

If you got an RTR license on the basis of your Canadian CPL and Canadian RT then you don't have an RTR A ( a pink booklet ) , what you have is an RTR P ( a sheet of paper )

An RTR A is obtained on the basis of passing both part 1 and part 2 of the RTR A exam

As far as my knowledge goes your Canadian RT is valid for life .

You have 3 options going forward

1. Renew the Canadian CPL and get a new validity and then apply for a FRESH RTR P ( not renewal ) allover again

2. Pass Part 1 and obtain an RTR C on the basis of your Canadian RT . Since you Canadian RT is valid for life you will get an Indian RTR - C for 20 years

3. Pass both Part 1 and Part 2 and apply for an RTR A with lifetime validity

You cant apply for jobs anywhere with an expired RT so the earlier you renew the better .
The 1st method is the fastest .
The second method is slightly slower but you get a longer validity .
The 3rd method is the best as you get one for lifetime and never have to worry about it again, but it can take time

There is a 4th option wherein if you have 30 hours of flying experience within the last 5 years you can apply for an RTR P renewal in instead of giving part 1

screamankit
23rd Aug 2018, 10:16
I have a Canadian CPL and RT. I have completed the procedure with WPC & received the RTR P certificate but could not get the FRTOL as I did not have my Class 1 Medicals. I just cleared my medicals recently. Could someone kindly guide me with the procedure to apply with DGCA for my FRTOL as in which application form needs to be filled and what all documents are required to be submitted along with the application. Thanks!

Superjet1996
1st Sep 2018, 12:13
Hi guys, I messed up and did not upload my dob and character cert on the online application form for rtr A exam 2018 oct attempt. But it shows submitted successfully. I am unable to make any changes in it now . I will post the hard copies of the same as required. But will my application be rejected on the basis of missing doc uploads online....
??