PDA

View Full Version : How to become a Flight Dispatcher in Hong Kong?

Brenchen
23rd Dec 2013, 03:09
Hi,

I am looking to start a career in HK in the aviation industry. I am an aerospace engineer by trade but do not actually have any real world experiences.

However, I have a vast experience of aviation in general, ie online flying, controlling, ATC software development, RL flying and gliding etc..

As I was looking through what aviation engineering jobs HK has, I came across and advert for flight dispatchers so I decide to try it out. But before I do, I did some reading. And the more I read, the more blurred I got so hope I can get some clarity here.

Basically, what's my chances to become (from scratch) a flight dispatcher in HK if I am no HK resident but with a variety of passion and aviation background experience?

What salary can I expect to get as a beginner dispatcher (or dispatcher trainee) and what's its potentials?

Finally, what's the expandability to other countries as a HK dispatcher? (as in as a HK dispatcher, how easy is it to find a job as a dispatcher in other countries)

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Brendan

broadband circuit
23rd Dec 2013, 11:12
comfy chair - check
popcorn - check

nitpicker330
23rd Dec 2013, 11:20
Ok I'll bite.......

Your chances?? Close to zero I'd say.

There was another similar thread about this 6 months ago? Go find it and read it. :ugh:

SloppyJoe
23rd Dec 2013, 14:25
However, I have a vast experience of aviation in general, ie online flying, controlling, ATC software development, RL flying and gliding etc..

I am sorry this has to be a troll. You have vast experience playing with toys and computer games.

CodyBlade
23rd Dec 2013, 14:54
here have fun:

Duties, responsibilities, work rules, and local/international regulations for dispatchers
Proficiency in the following subject areas: Meteorology, Aeromedical, Emergency, Security, Communications, Air Traffic Control, Navigation Principles, Navigation Systems, Instrument Approach Procedures, Charts and Airspace, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Systems, Weight and Balance, Aircraft Performance, Aircraft MEL/CDL, Regulations, Special Navigation & International Ops, Deicing and Anti-icing, Manual Flight Planning, Dispatch Resource Management, and Practical Dispatching
Application of all theory to practical dispatching skills
Familiarization with Airline Operation Control / Flight Dispatch software tools such as flight planning systems, crew scheduling, airport analysis / aircraft performance analysis, NavData, Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) and other related Jeppesen products

SOPS
23rd Dec 2013, 15:57
He has experience in on line flying....please God....help me now.