PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Jobs in London

Young Pilot - YP
13th May 2002, 00:40
Hi. I hope someone can give me a help.

I'm a 22 years old pilot, with a Bachelor Degree in Aeronautical Science and an ICAO Frozen ATPL. The things here in Brazil are very bad at the moment and I intend to spend some time in London, both to have a new experience and to develop my English.
I have EU Passaport and I want to work during this time in England, about 6 to 12 months.
I know that it's easy to find jobs in Pubs, Restaurants, etc. But what I really want to do is something related to aviation.
The problem is that I just don't know how to start ? Can someone give me a help ? I could work doing anything at some airport/airline (ramp, baggage, operations, office ...) or also in some aviation bookstore. I don't know in what positions I woud have more chances, any advice ?

Thanks in advance

YP

powerset
13th May 2002, 11:55
yp, good luck, you shouldn't find it too dificult at the moment. If you have an eu passport you are entitiled to find a flying job if you can. Other than that why not try servisair, with your experience I am sure you could get a dispatcher of load control job which would help you in the future. Anyway best of luck, also you might think of not limiting yourself to London. It's a big country and that's the worst bit of it.

GoodVibes
13th May 2002, 20:38
Big country......?

timzsta
21st May 2002, 09:45
Given that you no doubt speak a foreign language that would be useful to a European based airline (perhaps you speak Spanish, Portugese, maybe French) you should not have too much trouble finding a job within the aviation industry. If you dont mind the odd abusive passenger, why not work in Customer Services. Easyjet, Ryanair and the other low cost airlines seem to be still be recruiting staff for these kind of positions and most offer a six month contract to start with (with a view to being made permanent etc etc). I got my job with a low cost without any previous customer service experience, I believe it was some language skills and a some previous aviation experience that got me the job. Good luck - you never know where it may lead.