PDA

View Full Version : Pictures in e-mail messages

Max Rampwaite
12th May 2002, 23:28
I have a variety of "signatures" that I can insert when writing e-mails - Outlook Express, WindowsXP Pro.

I'd like to add a (variety of ?) picture(s) as part of the signature.

I've tried to add the pictures (small jpg images) directly into the signature option - but I can't get it to play...so I just click "insert" and "picture"...before going off through some six or seven small windows and menus.

Any ideas...how do I (easily) add a small jpg picture to e-mails. Preferably "saved" as a standard.

Thanks....

FL310
13th May 2002, 00:24
I do not have XP but you need to create a stationery and place it in the stationery folder. Search for this folder and you find already more there.

How to do them? These files are HTML files, same as webpages. You can create them with any webpage editor.

Before you now start and built all these fancy pages...be aware that with the virus and worm awareness more and more email user are not accepting HTML-display anymore. Your fqancy stuff ends up in a hard to read coded mail, any picture embedded is just delivered as an attachment and most firewalls (at least the one here) filters these attachments out and simply deletes them.

Now that makes all your ideas and work most useless...sorry to disappoint you.

Max Rampwaite
13th May 2002, 01:41
Darn.

Thanks for the heads up - I actually understood what you were talking about (a first for me) and tried it.

Worked a treat...sent one to wife...made another one there and sent it back.

We both have firewalls and I have Norton 2002 anti-virus...still got through though (which is a little worrying).

Thanks again.