PDA

View Full Version : Pete Lambson

HugMonster
12th May 2002, 22:22
I've only found out tonight.

I don't know if this is old news as far as most people are concerned, but WO II Pete Lambson RM (Retd.) was killed in a skydiving accident at Netheravon a month or two ago.

I didn't see anything on PPRuNe about it, nor heard anything in the news.

As I say, sorry if this is old news, but having only just found out, I'm upset about it. I knew Pete personally, and learnt a lot from him. He was one of the good guys.

My deepest commiserations to his widow and two children.

Hogg
12th May 2002, 22:44
Sorry to read ure sad news about ure friend.

Hogg

spectre150
13th May 2002, 10:28
Not much military skydiving/parachtuting stuff on here, unless its in another topic area which I missed. Hug, if you missed Pete's sad passing coz you were 'out of the country' ou may have also missed Nish's recent tragic demise.

Top Bunk Tester
13th May 2002, 21:26
If such a thing can be a top do then Lampoons funeral was it, around 400+ peeps, church overflowing, touching service, many old faces. Pete was on my CAt 10 dive 20 years ago in Cyprus. Top bloke, sadly missed by all

InFinRetirement
13th May 2002, 23:14
Like Huggy, I flew at N'Avon for a few years and remember Pete arriving there. A breathe of fresh air he was. Vitality was his middle name.

I am shocked and very sad to hear of his demise. There can have been but a few who were so good at what they did.

My deepest sympathy to his wife and family.

Captain Stable
14th May 2002, 22:09
One of my abiding memories of Pete was one weekend at Nethers.

A bunch of German civvies were over from Lippspringe for a weekend's skydiving. One of them was a little short, plump, blonde, German girl. She wore a black spandex jumpsuit which was both too long and too tight for her, so it was wrinkled all the way up, and it was topped by a pink "Protec" helmet.

As she and her companions walked out to the aircraft for a drop, Pete bellowed out to her:-

"OI! You look like a Ni99er's DICK!"

Very un-PC, very Pete.

Rest in Peace, old friend. You are missed.