PDA

View Full Version : Company specific preferences/requirements/limitations wrt. laser corrected vision

outofoffice
18th Dec 2013, 10:18
Hi all!

After reading around the forum regarding laser corrected vision I am struggling to find specific information about experiences with company specific preferences/requirements/limitations regarding laser corrected vision that helicopter operators may enforce (given that all relevant medical certificates are valid/current after surgery).

My main interest would be experiences with HEMS and offshore helicopter operators (both in Europe and otherwise), but it would also be nice to hear about any other experiences also to get an overall picture of how such "elective surgery" is embraced by the industry worldwide.

Thanks!

malabo
18th Dec 2013, 18:48
I've never heard of any company requirements and it's none of their godd@m business anyway.

outofoffice
18th Dec 2013, 19:52
Thanks for sharing your experience malabo. I must say I agree that as long as medical certificates are valid there shouldn't be any difference. However with the current job marked and availability of pilots I fear that these types of "attractive" (well-paying) operators take certain liberties when it comes to assessment criteria applied to their applicants. As an example offshore operators in Norway will perform their own medical screening of potential new hires.