PDA

View Full Version : Bag drop easyJet Geneva

ExXB
16th Dec 2013, 16:55
I've got a easyJet flight from Geneva to Gatwick Friday at 1850. What I'd like to do is to drive to GVA, check in the bags, drive home, catch the bus/train back to the airport. I figure the Friday before Xmas is going to be busy at bag drop and security so need to pad the schedule a little.

In order for it to work I'm going to need to drop the bags around 1600, ie almost 3 hours before departure time.

easyJets website says bag drop opens two hours before departure, but at GVA they are open from early morning to late evening. If I show up 3 hours in advance, will they refuse my bags?

Any recent knowledge on this? Thanks

MacBoero
16th Dec 2013, 17:28
If they don't accept an early baggage drop, how about : Genève Aéroport - Deposits (http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-158/)

radeng
16th Dec 2013, 20:20
Who are the handling agents? I've had problems at GVA with the BA handling agents, who despite BA saying that a Gold card holder can check in at anytime, just won't accept that. Same gang of idiots who pull the same trick at Prague......

So use the left luggage facility if there's a problem.

Rwy in Sight
17th Dec 2013, 06:36
I would guess that ExXB's problem is the fact that he does not want to check in the bags when he finally arrives at the airport a second time because by then he would be too close to the deperature time.

Rwy in Sight

ExXB
17th Dec 2013, 09:17
I think it's Swissport but Squeezy has their own dedicated check-in area. One queue for all their flights be they U2 or DZ. Not like smaller airports where you check-in/drop by flight.

My tentative plan has me back to GVA around 1740 for a 1850 flight. Not enough time to drop bag and go through security.

I really would like to avoid taking 2 large bags (only half of one is my stuff) and a carry-on on the bus/train. But, for the moment, that will be plan B.

Taxi to the airport will be more than the flight cost.

frontcheck
17th Dec 2013, 14:36
radeng, why do you call the handling agents a bunch of idiots?
Perhaps it is the constraints of the airport itself that cause the problem.
I work for a handling agent at another airport and we can only accept bags 3 hours before departure due to the size of the baggage area.
So perhaps it is BA that are the idiots for making the rule and assuming it applies at all their airports worldwide.

ExXB
17th Dec 2013, 19:16
C'mon guys, if you have any info about eadyJet at GVA they are appreciated. There are likely lots of BA threads where the finer points can be discussed.

My plan A at the moment is to take the bags to left luggage, 10f a piece, mid day and then take the bus / train getting there at 1540 to drop bags.

Hotel Tango
17th Dec 2013, 20:48
ExXB I gather that your home isn't that far away from GVA. Why don't you take a drive to GVA before Friday and speak to the Duty Supervisor and see whether they would be prepared to accept your bag drop earlier than the published time?

marsie
21st Dec 2013, 06:42
Too late for you now, but you can send luggage to GVA from most CFF stations the day before departure and collect it at the 'guichet bagages' when you arrive. You can also check in at the railway station for some airlines, but not EZY.

ExXB
31st Dec 2013, 12:33
Finally got an internet connection

On the day was told they would accept bags not more than 3 hours before flight time. But seeing that I had already queued they noted same on my boarding card and told me to use the Squeezy boarding queue when I came back.