PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tightslot

Bce1
16th Dec 2013, 06:06
Hi, I seem to recall from your posts you fly for NZ out of LHR.

I fly to London return unfortunately every two months at the moment from NZ and I seem to keep hitting the same FSM's every time on the LAX - LHR / return sectors and I was curious to know - if it isn't a commercial secret - how many NZ actual have at the LHR crew base. I don't do it that often - but literally the last 1/2 dozen sectors have all been with the same couple of senior crew and both have popped up a number times in the last few months.

Thanks

BCE

P.S - once again fantastic service NZ 2/1 last week - always better then the AKL based crews!!

TightSlot
16th Dec 2013, 07:11
Hi Bce1 and welcome to PPRuNe.

We have about a dozen of each senior rank, although those figures are complicated by the number of jobshare roles - meaning that there are a dozen jobs but about 15 people.

The rosters are such that you tend to work like fury for a while, and then suddenly find yourself on a combination of standby/leave/training and doing not very much. This system (I believe it was perfected by various Armed Forces) is a variant of the process known as "Hurry Up and Do Nothing" and means that for periods of time you wake up at 07:00 and the dog gets an early walk and for other periods, you sleep as much as the dog does!

Glad you're enjoying our service, but commiserations on the every two months thing: Make sure you're earning FF points!

Bce1
17th Dec 2013, 05:12
Thanks for the reply. Making crazy numbers of both status points and air points dollars. Although the turbulence over Greenland last week made me think I wasn't going to have opportunity to spend them!! Thanks again.