PDA

View Full Version : Missing !

crippen
15th Dec 2013, 09:21
This forum of many different types of posters seems to loose track of some of them. Haven't heard from so and so for a while ect. Is it not possible,in the User C.P.say, to have another poster or somebody to contact when somebody goes missing??? A bit like the back page in a Passport .:ok:

gunbus
15th Dec 2013, 09:58
A good idea :ok:

500N
15th Dec 2013, 10:02
Quite a few of us have exchanged email addresses outside of here
so we can communicate without logging into PP.

Or you can send a PM to them which gets sent to them as an
email anyway so they should get it.

Email addresses also means when one of us gets banned we can stay in touch ;)

G-CPTN
15th Dec 2013, 10:45
I think what the OP is suggesting is a third party contact for when members fall ill or worse.

SawMan
15th Dec 2013, 11:22
I think what the OP is suggesting is a third party contact for when members fall ill or worse.

It's a nice thought and commendable. But some will see it as an intrusion on their privacy, and someone has to do it. With limited system Moderators and Administrators already stretched out thin on the front lines there's not time in their lives enough for that. And nobody short of that status should have access to that kind of information.

If you find someone you like on a forum, then PM them and offer your email addy. If they want to, they will respond in kind- then you can keep up with each other. Many great friendships are made this way. People 'disappear' for many reasons, so don't assume the worst but know that it can happen.With enough forum members doing this, you will eventually hear news about folks. You have to make the effort to make friends yourself- nobody else can really do that for you.

racedo
15th Dec 2013, 13:48
Email addresses also means when one of us gets banned we can stay in touch http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

So how is Slasher ?

pigboat
15th Dec 2013, 15:29
So how is Slasher ?
Last I heard - month or two ago - he was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. He sometimes peeks into the tech forum as not Slasher.

Dushan
15th Dec 2013, 16:05
Once banned, one cannot receive emails or PMs through PPRuNe. Some forums I frequent have a thread listing banned users and their infraction.

The idea of a third party is good, but as stated before some of us already keep in touch "behind the scenes". A safe house, so to speak.

500N
15th Dec 2013, 16:28
And then we have those who get banned who we send emails and PM's out
to everyone to arrange a celebration :ok:

Like today !

Although cats have nine lives, don't they Persia ? and she has already come back
as "Sirikit" once so it is likely she will do so again !!!

500N
15th Dec 2013, 16:42
Which guy ?

(are you talking about ?)