PDA

View Full Version : A serious JAR headache!

maf
15th Dec 2013, 03:18
If anyone can get this straight, I`ll be a happy chap!

1:Im a norwegian citizen

2:Ive already gotten my FAA PPL-H rating

3:I plan on completing the FAA CPL and then convert (not shure where yet)

4: Doing my ATPL with CAPTONLINE (starting just about now)

5:Trying to figure out JAR PIC accrediting rules :ugh:

Whats the confusion?

Ive already been on the phone with norwegian CAA, whom admitted that they where confused during this EASA implementation period. I was however assured that I could fly as much as I wanted on my FAA PPL until 8th April 2014 in Norway, to gain some PIC hours there, while Im in between training periods. (after that I have to make an application)

But, when I plan on doing my conversion to a norwegian CPL, there are now 3 different rules in operation regarding PIC accreditation. One for those whom completed training prior to June 7th 2013 and begin their theory for convertion prior to April 8th 2014 and complete it before April 8th 2016, will receive all their PIC regardless of how they achieved it.

Im not in that category. Im in the "we really cant tell you"-category..

What it says in effect, on the norwegian CAA website, is that those in my category, MAY not be eligible to have all their FAA PIC hours endorsed (those logged when training for FAA IR for instance, and thus also logged as dual received)

Im not far into the IR-training, so im thinking about just dropping it because its just a waste of money if none of those PIC hours can be transferred.

Or is it?

Is this the same in the UK? Im seriously considering a conversion in the UK since the prices in Norway are staggering, as always.

And thats my JAR headache..

Thank you for giving me a feedback, comment or anything sensible in this messy world of regulations where even the governing part of them seems confused..

:\

paco
15th Dec 2013, 06:03
I would have thought that if you can prove you were sole manipulator of the controls, that would do. How about transferring your documentation to the UK CAA? Have you tried ringing them?

Phil

Adroight
15th Dec 2013, 08:07
I hope you get it sorted but if you want a career in aviation you had better get used to this kind of thing and the UK CAA will not be any better. I would not recommend a career has a helicopter pilot in EASA land to anyone these days.

maf
15th Dec 2013, 13:31
Im gonna check up with them. I seems however, that this is an EASA-implementation.

Im gonna talk to the chief pilot on the school as well and get this straightened out.