PDA

View Full Version : Another Darwin Candidate

22 Degree Halo
14th Dec 2013, 22:15
jbhOUl9ppy4

TomJoad
14th Dec 2013, 22:49
I guess we have all done some pretty stupid things thinking it'll be ok. Thankfully on this occasion no body was hurt.

lomapaseo
15th Dec 2013, 00:10
I don't get the relationship with this thread title. The driver aborted the crossing much the same as pilots do when landing in strong crosswinds. Do we call pilots Darwin candidates?

TomJoad
15th Dec 2013, 00:17
A pilot deciding to go flying having been told at the met brief weather was out of limits would qualify! The driver passed mutiple signs instructing that the bridge was closed to vans and high sided vehicles.

11Fan
15th Dec 2013, 00:29
"If the van's a rockin, don't come a knockin...."

Without putting too fine of a point on it, while it may be a possibility that his testicles didn't descend for a few weeks after the incident, technically he's not a Darwin candidate until such time he successfully removes himself from the gene pool.

Points for a valiant attempt however.

Dushan
15th Dec 2013, 00:32
"If the van's a rockin, don't come a knockin...."

Especially since it was a matress delivery van.

OTOH, why didn't he turn it into the wind once the traffic stopped.

Cpt_Pugwash
15th Dec 2013, 00:50
I found it fascinating watching the traffic on the other carriageway. The number of cars which stopped in the RH lane, I thought there was bound the be a rear-ender eventually.

John Hill
15th Dec 2013, 01:48
He should have been driving faster which would have brought the relative wind angle forward..:rolleyes:

Blues&twos
15th Dec 2013, 10:33
Most people rubberneck to a certain degree - it's human nature - but you'd have to be completely mental to stop in the empty outside lane on the opposite carriageway. Bizarre. And wasn't there an artic going past the other way too? So the van driver wasn't the only one to chance it....