PDA

View Full Version : Last minute Navy Apt advice

Sagey
12th May 2002, 16:45
Off to Cranwell for tests on Tuesday, tomorrow.

Apart from trying to go through maths calculations and doing D, S, T practice any other advise for when I am there.

Any little golden nuggets for certain tests would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sagey

WE Branch Fanatic
12th May 2002, 17:17
I can't help you mate, but I wish you the best of luck.

Simon R
13th May 2002, 21:19
Not sure if I'm too late but here are my tips. N.B. it was 5 years since I did these.

1. On the cross with the ball that moves around within it, one of the first tests, there is a paatern to the ball. That is to say if you let go of the controls it would move to a certain corner of the screan. Work out which way it goes and you should be able to keep it pretty centered.

2. You'll be asked to try to remember loads of numbers. Unless you've the best memory in the world you can't remember 20 nos in 5 secs. Don't bother trying to. Each time just remember the first 8 or so. Get them 100% right then guess the others. You'll get more right that way.

3. One test shows you a set of instrements. It assumes you look north. It gives you an AI (attitude indicator) to show you bank and pitch.It gives you a compass showing your direction. It then gives you a choice of 5-6 a/c and asks you to identify which one corresponds to the instrement display. Use your hand to mimik what the instrements say, then pick the a/c that looks like your hand.

This may be a load of old rubbish, but it helpled me. Above all stay calm....easy to say in retrospect I know. Good luck!!

AllTrimDoubt
13th May 2002, 23:17
...and ignore any advice from someone who can't spell "instrument"!

:D

SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
21st May 2002, 11:31
...or PATTERN, SCREEN and MIMIC !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, stay calm, be yourself and if you really want pilot then stick with it. I went down this route many years ago and was offered Observer with a chance to change after arriving at Dartmouth. For chance read FAT CHANCE!

As for picking the ac that looks like your hand....well that will be the 5 jaguars in echelon!

Good luck.:cool: