PDA

View Full Version : Advice for 7years experienced Overseas LAME

aviationwriter
13th Dec 2013, 12:11
I saw virgin airlines is taking some apprentices for some states and I would like to apply for the position of that .my question is that I am undertaking casa exam for being B1 and I m 7 years Experienced LAME in Turkish Airlines. I've also got certificate 4 Aeroskills Mechanical.
I m thinking of applying to apprentice ship positionrfor getting in.is anyone give some advice on it pls?.
If so, I really appreciate it. I can send my resume if want to check for eligibility for that

vs69
13th Dec 2013, 14:14
If you have been working as a LAME for 7 years I doubt you will get taken on as an apprentice.

aviationwriter
13th Dec 2013, 19:42
That is only 1chance to get in.that s why I applied. U reckon they will not accept!

vs69
13th Dec 2013, 21:26
Why would they?

aviationwriter
14th Dec 2013, 00:52
What should I do then? What s ur recommendations?
Thanks

Tech_Log
14th Dec 2013, 21:56
If you hold any form of qualification / experience you won't get accepted on an apprenticeship, mostly because gaining experience and qualifications is the point of an apprenticeship.

Look for a mechanic job if you have experience, look for a licensed aircraft engineers job if you hold an actual license.
BA were hiring mechanics a while ago so that's a start.

Safe flying
Tech_Log

aviationwriter
14th Dec 2013, 23:31
Thanks for your helpful answer.i wrote that manner cos I couldn't get in Australia market with my certificate 4.i am undertaking b1 casa exam to conversation. I have jaa b1 with type rates but they even didnt call me as a candidate.

spannersatcx
15th Dec 2013, 08:56
You may not understand what an apprenticeship is for, basically someone fresh out of school with 0 knowledge and experience on a/c.
As you already have a licence and type and experience you do not fall into this category. Have a look at aviation job search, and airline websites when vacancies will be advertised.

aviationwriter
16th Dec 2013, 22:01
I know what is apprentice mean .no worries. I am just sayin if there is no job to apply what can I do.i apply where ever job ads come out.
That s what I mean.

Tech_Log
17th Dec 2013, 07:30
Short answer is no, you wouldn't be accepted.

If you hold a full B1 with type ratings as you said, you need to look for licensed engineer roles. Would be a waste of a B1 if nothing else !

Safe flying
Tech_Log