PDA

View Full Version : Printing PPrune

outofsynch
12th May 2002, 07:26
The new PPrune software is great, especially the 'print' icon to change to printer friendly format.

However, I cant get it to print anything other than page 1 of a thread... Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers OoS :p

FL310
12th May 2002, 14:52
outofsynch...obviously a bug in the software, even if you click and display page 2 or any other page of a thread it only prints page 1, wherever you decide to hit the print button.

:confused: :confused:

spekesoftly
13th May 2002, 00:24
Just done a couple of quick tests, and I'm able to print any of the pprune pages. Perhaps the 'bug' has now been fixed?

FL310
13th May 2002, 00:38
spekesoftly, please try a thread with more than one page and on any of these pages click on the PRINT button below the last posting, not the browser integrated PRINT function in the File menu.
Can you print the whole thread?

Which browser are you using and which OS?

It still hasn't changed for me.

outofsynch
13th May 2002, 05:44
No.. same for me.... as soon as i click the 'print' icon on page it changes format ok but back to page one, no matter which page i was on.

thanks for replies tho guys.

:( :( :(

outofsynch
13th May 2002, 09:32
spekesoftly... thank you for your assistance.

However, I understood the 'print' icon as it stands meaning 'printerfriendly version' and the following your instructions, I still only get the first Pprune page however, my printer ala font size etc splits it to four or five pages.

I am still only getting 'pprune page one' either on paper or in preview.

I am not acusing you of being stupid, but have you checked that what you are seeing is all of the thread. i.e. seeing the last post too. If you are, I cant understand why..... you are, and I am not.

FJJP
13th May 2002, 19:45
Intrigued, I tried experimenting myself, using the 'Chinook Hitting Back topic in the Mil forum. That stretches to 10 pages. Selecting 'Print' at the bottom allows me to view every page in printer friendly format, but no matter what print I try (toolbar or file drop-down menu), I still only get the first page.

Capt Pprune, are we doing something wrong?

spekesoftly
14th May 2002, 14:14
outofsynch

Try this:-

right click on 'print' at the bottom of the page and left click on 'Open Link in New Window' - then at the end of the url add:-

&perpage=1000 and hit return.

This will show 1000 posts per page, and enables viewing and printing of all posts in 'printer friendly format', including 'the last post' of a multi-page thread.

Until the bug has been fixed, it's a workable temporary solution, kindly given to me by a member of another website forum.

speke

FL310
14th May 2002, 16:32
you found the bug in the Template...now that would be easy to arrange at the busiest aviation website :D :D

FJJP
14th May 2002, 18:44
Asked Admin about the problem. This the reply:

'Thanks for writing,

We’re aware of the problem but it has to take it’s turn behind more serious issues within the software. It’s on the list to be dealt with.

Regards from the Towers'