PDA

View Full Version : Flybe plane aborts an attempt to land

22 Degree Halo
5th Dec 2013, 16:30
Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/plane-abandons-attempt-land-strong-154013935.html)

highflyer40
5th Dec 2013, 16:37
not very dramatic. note even newsworthy

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
5th Dec 2013, 16:40
Can't see anything exciting about that and I bet there have been a few more of those in today's weather conditions.

edi_local
5th Dec 2013, 16:46
Almost as dramatic as the "Plane appears to move in strong winds at Glasgow Airport" video on the Daily Mail website. To spare the blood pressure of anyone with a nervous disposition I shan't post the link. :ugh:

Talkdownman
5th Dec 2013, 16:51
Every approach is to a missed approach. Any landing off it is a bonus.

22 Degree Halo
5th Dec 2013, 16:58
If you weren't "excited" nor "interested" there really is no reason to reply :rolleyes:

Big Eric
5th Dec 2013, 17:15
It's been a bit windy around the UK today and there's been loads of go-arounds. The video is terrible and totally uninteresting but with loads of barbed-wire thrown in for good measure.

Yawn.....................................:rolleyes:

DaveReidUK
5th Dec 2013, 17:33
not very dramatic. note even newsworthyIf the headline is correct and it was the plane, not the pilot, that initiated the go-around, that's a worrying development. :O

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
5th Dec 2013, 18:19
It has happened Dave. When the newer Airbus jets came in, one went around at Heathrow and when I asked him why he said: "The aeroplane did it, not us!" I believe a Tri-Star did it at Gatwick too!

angels
5th Dec 2013, 18:41
Interesting Mr Director.

An excitable mate of mine has always claimed that when he was involved in a GA at Heathrow some years back the pilot came on said that they had been testing the autoland system and it had decided something was amiss, but not to worry he would do the next landing himself as he wanted to get home.

I've always thought it bit unlikely but now I'm wondering!

ImPlaneCrazy
5th Dec 2013, 19:19
How Sky News justifies a go around as 'Breaking News' is beyond me :ugh:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4364/cy5c.jpg

The SSK
6th Dec 2013, 09:28
Didn't Gerry Rafferty sing a song about go-arounds?

No use complainin', don't you worry, don't you whine
'Cause if you get it wrong you'll get it right next time

Gerry Rafferty - Get It Right Next Time - YouTube

treadigraph
6th Dec 2013, 12:54
It has happened Dave. When the newer Airbus jets came in, one went around at Heathrow and when I asked him why he said: "The aeroplane did it, not us!" I believe a Tri-Star did it at Gatwick too!

I believe Monarch had a "uncommanded" go around in an A320 at Luton quite a few years ago. As I heard it, the captain announced to the tower "It's going around!" In reply to the tower's query "What are your intentions?" he said "go with it, I think..."